1. a) By vector method prove Cosine Law of Trigonometry. 5 ?? ????
b) Show that: (?a x b) x c = (?a . ?c) b –(b.c )a 5
? ??ct d2ã 2c
2.a) If ã = a Sin wt + b Coswt+ 2 Sin wt,then provethat + w2?ã = Coswt
wdt2 w ???
where a , b , c are constant vectors. 5 '
b) If f?(t)= 4 i^, f (t)=4^jand f (t) = 0 at t = 0 show that tip of the position vector f (t) describes a
3. a) If ã=x i^+ y ^j+ –z k ^ , Show that
(rn)= n rã. 5 _
_ b) Prove the vector identity Curl (ô f ) = ô (Curl f ) – f x grade ô where ô is a constant function and f is a vector function. 5
4. a) If three forces acting on particle are in equilibrium then magnitude of each force is proportional to the
sine of the angle between the other two. 5 b) Resolved part of resultant R of two forces P and Q in the direction of P is of magnitude Q. Show that
Pangle between the two forces is 2Sin
2Q . 5
5. a) A uniform rod AB of length ‘a’ and weight w is freely hinged to a vertical wall at A and is maintained in equilibrium by a light string of length ‘a’ fastened to B and to point C at a distance b vertically above A.
a2 + 2b2
Prove that the reaction at hinge A is W . 5
2b b) Find the amount of least force to drag a particle down on an inclined plane. 5
6. a) A hemisphere rests on a rough inclined plane with angle of friction ë. Show that inclination of the plane
base to horizontal cannot be greater than Sin(2 Sin ë). 5
b) The least force P which moves a weight w up an inclined plane. Show that the least force acting parallel to the plane which will move the weight upwards is P 1+ì2 , where ì is coefficient of friction. 5
ground. Show that force of friction at the ground is 2 w tan è, where w is the weight of the ladder and è
is its inclination with the vertical. 5
b) Four uniform rods are freely joined at their extremities and form a parallelogram ABCD which is suspended from A and is kept in the shape of inextensible string AC. Prove that the tension of string is equal to half the whole weight. 5
*** B.A/B.Sc-I (09/A) xxv ***
Thank you very much for your arrival
|last updated on 28-04-2019|