Author Topic: Aga Khan University Karachi announces Higher Secondary School Certificate result  (Read 5243 times)

Offline معلم

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Aga Khan University Karachi announces Higher Secondary School Certificate results

Karachi:The results of the 2009 annual examination for the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) Part I and II examinations were announced on Monday by the Aga Khan University Examination Board (AKU-EB).

Muhammad Sheraz Ahmed of Tameer-e-Millat School, Mianwali, clinched first position with 87.64 per cent, Zohaib Ahmed of St. Bonaventure’s High School, Hyderabad, got second position with 85.45 per cent, and Danyal Adil Khan of Tameer-e-Millat School, Mianwali, bagged third position with 84.18 per cent.

Of all the candidates, 26.8 per cent of the candidates earned Grade A-I and Grade A, and the overall pass rate was 72.3 per cent.

AKU-EB is a Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education established by AKU in response to demand from schools for more appropriate school examinations, AKUEB spokesperson said.

The Board provides schools with a unique service, a yearly Feedback Report based on candidates’ performance subject by subject, question by question and school by school, which gives principals and teachers statistical data on areas where students require more support, he added.

The Board is also working with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan to facilitate workshops on assessment and testing for universities in the public sector. The workshops provide space for dialogue with stakeholders, like faculty, to discuss the type of knowledge they value at their university, and how these values can be translated to further refine the higher secondary school qualifications, he said.

Candidates and affiliated schools can view their HSSC results on the AKU-EB website at www.aku.edu/akueb