Author Topic: 9th Convocation University of Balochistan  (Read 4620 times)

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
9th Convocation University of Balochistan
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »
9th Convocation University of Balochistan

More  than  300  students  of Masters, MPhil  and  PhD were thawarded  degrees  in  the  9 convocation of the University of Balochistan  (UoB), Quetta held recently.

Nawab  Zulfiqar  Ali  Magsi, Governor  Balochistan  and Chancellor  of  the  University was  the chief guest.

Addressing  the  students  and faculty members,  the Governor said  that  the  Government was committed  to  the  cause  of education.  “There  is  no  doubt that  the  future  of  our  state greatly depends on  the  type of education and the way we bring up our children,” he said.

He  emphasized  the  need  to mobilize  people  and  build  up   t h e   c h a r a c t e r   o f   futur egenerations. He appreciated the HEC  for  introducing  major reforms  in  the  universities addi n g   t h a t   t h e   h i g h e r  education  budget  alone  has gone up 15  times  in  three years.

Underlining  the  importance  of scientific  culture,  the Governor said that science and technology supported by quality education w a s   a t   t h e   c o r e   o f c o m p e t i t i v e n e s s   a n d transformation of a nation.

Prof. Dr. Masoom Yasinzai, Vice Chancellor,   UoB  said  that trained faculty is the oxygen for any university.

He  said  that  the  University covers  46  disciplines  in  seven faculties. Disciplines of Mineral S c i enc e s ,   Anthr opo l o g y ,A r c h a e o l o g y   a n d Environmental  Sciences  will soon be added.

He  informed  the  audience  that last  year  the  faculty  of  UoB p r o d u c e d   7 0   r e s e a r c h pub l i c a t i ons   in  r eput edinternational  journals.