Author Topic: INTERMEDIATE PART II RESULT Lahore Board  (Read 23656 times)

Offline عادل

• My Points +0/-0
Lahore Board announced Intermediate exam results, GCU positions
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 01:53:21 PM »
Lahore Board announced Intermediate exam results, GCU positions

GCU students dominate BISE inter-exam results

Lahore, Aug 16, 2008: Government College University (GCU) students were in the spotlight during the announcement of the results of the Lahore Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) annual examinations for intermediate classes (11 and 12) on Friday.

GCU student Ahsan Ismail topped the results in all groups. GCU students also grabbed the top three positions of the pre-engineering group and all three positions of the General Science group.

Of the total 108,072 students who sat the exams, 55,704 passed, bringing the pass percentage to 51.54 percent. This is very low compared to last year's pass percentage, which was 72.67 percent.

The results were announced at a ceremony organised by the BISE. Since the government has yet to appoint a provincial minister for education, the chief guest of the ceremony was Excise and Taxation Minister Mujtaba Shujaur Rehman. BISE Acting Chairman Maqsood Mumtaz, Secretary Haji Muhammad Dogar, Controller of Examinations Prof Manzurul Hassan Niazi and Higher Education Department Secretary Arifa Saboohi were also present at the ceremony.

The results: According to the combined results, GCU's Ahsan Ismail got the highest score of 1,026 out of 1,100. Kinnaird College (KC) student Maryam Javed was second with 1,024 marks. GCU student Waqar Ali was close behind with 1,023 marks.

Pre-medical (boys):
1) Muhammad Umair, a District Public School for Boys Okara student, scored 1,012.
2) Harris Abdullah, a Suffa Educational Complex Okara student, scored 995.
3) Muhammad Usman Farooq, a student of Forman Christian College University (FCCU), scored 993.

Pre-medical (girls):

1) KC student Wardah Malik scored 1,018.

2) Mariam Baig, a Lahore College for Women University (LCWU), scored 1,004.

3) KC students Fizza Mubasher and Aneeqa Nasir Qureshi shared the third spot with an
identical score of 1,000.

Pre-engineering (boys): GCU students secured all three top spots of this group.
1) Ahsan Ismail scored 1,026.
2) Waqar Ali scored 1,023.
3) Rizwan Tariq scored 1,019.

Pre-engineering (girls)
1) KC student Maryam Javaid scored 1,024 marks
2) Hadia Sajjad, a Kasur Public High School for Girls student, scored 1,005.
3) Two KC students, Farah Latif and Zahra Tahir, scored 1,002 to share the spot.

General Science (boys): This group was dominated by GCU students
1) Zainul Abidin scored 929.
2) Usama Tariq scored 920
3) Mehroz Sabir scored 918.

General Science (girls)
1) LCWU student Affira Atta scored 985 marks.
2) Punjab College for Women student Memoona Javaid scored 983 marks.
3) KC student Kiran Arif scored 975 marks.

Commerce Groups (boys)
1) Muneer Hussain, a student of Punjab College of Commerce, scored 929.
2) Shehraiz, a Superior College of Information Technology and Management Sciences student, scored 908
3) Arif Raza, a student of MAO College, scored 904 marks.

Commerce group (girls)
1) Sana Qadeer, a Punjab College for Women student secured 935 marks.
2) Humaira Manzoor, a private candidate, scored 905.
3) Huma Naz, a Ravi College for Women student, scored 897.

Humanities (boys)
1) Private candidate Malik Rafaqat Ali topped this group with 910 marks.
2) Private candidate Mehfooz Ahmed Bhatti scored 900.
3) GCU student Nokhaiz Rasool Cheema scored 899.

Humanities (girls)
1) Nomana Khalid, a Government College For Women, Wahdat Road student, scored 924 to top this group.
2) Farah Tariq, an LCWU student, scored 921.
3) Fazeelat Ishaq, a private candidate from Sheikhupura, scored 918.

Cash awards:
The top three position holders of all groups were given cash awards. Those who stood first in their groups were given Rs 20,000, those coming second got Rs 15,000, while those coming third were given Rs 10,000.

The VCs, principals and teachers of the students were also given gold medals.

The parents of private candidates were given gold medals, certificates and a copy each of the Holy Quran.

Farmer's daughter:
Addressing the ceremony, Minister Shujaur Rehman praised Fazeelat Ishaq, a farmer's daughter, who won the third position in the Humanities group with 918 marks. Various other guests also appreciated her work.

Fazeelat said she was happy that her hard work had paid off.

Muhammad Ishaq, the girl's father, said he was very proud of his daughter's achievement. He said he would educate his daughter according to her wishes.

*Ahsan Ismail : I want to become an electrical engineer and dream of studying at LUMS. I think the procedure to check exam paper should be improved. I think entry tests are good as they check the students' calibre. Poverty and illiteracy are Pakistan's basic problems. We should find the root causes of suicide attacks and terrorism to effectively eradicate them.

*Maryam Javed : I think our education system is improving and I am satisfied with it. I want to become an electrical engineer and have already gained admission to LUMS. Entry tests should be held, but their percentage of requirement should be reduced and students should not be afraid of them. I condemn extremists because they kill innocent people.

*Waqar Ali : I also want to become an electrical engineer. I don't like the double standards of our education system. There should be uniformity in the country's education system. I think entry tests are an unnecessary burden on the students. Terrorists are deprived people and they can be brought into the mainstream if we address their problems.

*Wardah Malik : I want to become a doctor and want to gain admission to King Edward Medical University (KEMU). The entry tests are a hurdle in the talented students' way of obtaining admission into good colleges. Pakistan's education system should be improved, especially at the matric level. I don't think suicide attackers should be called Muslims because Islam is the religion of peace.

*Affira Atta : I want to become an architect and want a degree in the best institution in this field. We need to improve our education system and bring it at par with international standards. The current system should be abolished because it supports cramming and not learning. Terrorists and suicide attackers are defaming Islam and Pakistan and should be stopped.

*Mariam Baig : The marking system of entry tests is unsatisfactory because it deprives hundreds of students from getting admitted to good colleges. I want to become a doctor and to get admission in KEMU. Our education system should be brought at par with international standards. The government should try to solve the problems of terrorists to end terrorism.

*Hadia Sajjad : The entry test system should be abolished. I want to become an electrical engineer and will try to gain admission in the best institution. Pakistan's greatest problems are extremism and the prevailing political crisis. Both issues are tarnishing our country's name internationally. The government should hold talks with the extremists and solve the issue.

*Sana Qadeer : I want to become an economist and also want a degree in management sciences. The entry tests should be abolished as they ruin 12 years of the students' hard work in just two hours. I am satisfied with our education system, but it can be improved. Terrorism is maligning Muslims and Pakistanis across the world. Daily Times
VIST LARGETS EDUCATIONAL  WEB OF Pakistan www.pakstudy.com
Pak Study