Author Topic: PPP Leader Nayyar Bokhari Call to affiliate capital colleges with QAU  (Read 1290 times)

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
PPP Leader Nayyar Bokhari Call to affiliate capital colleges with QAU

Islamabad: Leader of the house in the Senate and Pakistan People's Party (PPP) leader Syed Nayyar Hussain Bokhari has called for affiliation of all colleges in Islamabad with Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU). He assured the university staff members that he would make every effort to get a housing scheme approved for them.

Speaking as chief guest at the oath-taking ceremony of the newly elected office-bearers of QAU Employees Welfare Association on Wednesday, he urged the QAU administration to give affiliation to all the federal colleges of Islamabad to award degrees.

He said former prime minister Benazir Bhutto had promised to resolve the issue of housing scheme of QAU employees and the present government would fulfil her promise and commitment. He said he would take the issue to the concerned standing committee of the Senate where all the stakeholders would be invited to give their input.

He called for steps to protect environment within the university premises and said every effort would be made to stop the practice of cutting trees inside and around the campus.

He said Quaid-i-Azam University was the country's best university and to make it an international university, the faculty members, students, administration and employees would have to play their role.

Mr Bokhari appreciated the decision of the QAU vice-chancellor to establish schools of economics, political sciences, international relations and mathematics through public-private partnership. He said launching of BS courses in the university would be a landmark achievement. Dawn