Author Topic: Tears of joy roll down as students arrive from Kyrgyzstan  (Read 1554 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
Tears of joy roll down as students arrive from Kyrgyzstan
« on: June 16, 2010, 06:49:24 AM »
Tears of joy roll down as students arrive from Kyrgyzstan
Rawalpindi:Moving scenes were witnessed when a C-130 plane carrying 120 students, who were stranded in the Kyrgyzstan ethnic riots, landed at the Chaklala Air Base here on Tuesday morning.

The family members thronged the base to receive students studying in Kyrgyzstan. The surrounding areas of the Chaklala Air Base were crowded with people as not only relatives but others too reached there to receive students who had been in Kyrgyzstan to get higher education. Minister for Information and Broadcasting Qamar-uz-Zaman Kaira, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Chairman Nadeem Ahmed and other high-ranking officials received the students at the base.

Emotional scenes were witnessed when the stranded students disembarked from the plane and bowed down on the ground to thank Allah for their safe return. Some parents also bowed down to express thanks to Allah. The parents embraced and kissed their sons and daughters. All eyes were filled with tears of happiness. Many relatives showered rose petals on students to express their happiness and accord them a warm welcome.

Personnel of Airport Security Force (ASF), police and other law enforcement agencies were present on the occasion.

NDMA Deputy Director (Operations) Major Adil Muhammad told ‘The News’ that all students have reached safely. He said that some students did not have money to buy tickets to go to their hometowns, therefore, the authority arranged tickets for them.

Talking to ‘The News,’ parents expressed satisfaction over the safe return of their children and appreciated the government for its timely help.

Muhammad Saifullah, a student belonging to Multan, appreciated the government and said that they were in great fear and tension in Kyrgyzstan. “We had seen bloody clashes there. We are thankful to the government for bringing us back to Pakistan,” he added.

Muhammad Ajmal, a student from Rawalpindi, was sad over the killing of Ali Raza in Kyrgyzstan. He said that the situation in Kyrgyzstan became tense suddenly. Hundreds of students discontinued their education. Many students were in their final semesters. “We are thankful to the government for its help in this time of trial,” he said.

Rana Muhammad Irshad, a father, said that he is very happy to see his son alive. “I could not sleep last night due to fear and tension. I saw horrible dreams, but now I am satisfied after seeing my son alive,” he said with tears rolling down his eyes. The news