Author Topic: Kyrgyz crisis students worried about future  (Read 1537 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
Kyrgyz crisis students worried about future
« on: June 17, 2010, 11:04:49 AM »
Kyrgyz crisis students worried about future
TIMERGARA, June 16: Five students belonging to Dir Lower have safely returned from the violence-hit Osh city of Kyrgyzstan but they are worried about their future.

“I, along with four other students -- Irfanullah and Rizwanullah, residents of Kitiari village; Asadullah of Ouch and Mohammad Tariq of Chakdara -- reached home safely on Wednesday,” Izhar Qazi, a fourth year medical students at Osh University, told Dawn.

He said that they had been getting medical education in Kyrgyzstan for the last four years. They were forced to leave the country after outbreak of turmoil in Osh.

“I will never forget the gory scenes. We saw human beings lying in pools of blood when we were going to the airport to board the C-130, sent for us by the Pakistan government,” Izhar told this reporter.

“Now we are much worried about our future,” he said. He added they had to spend $6,000 on their education per year. “We have spent a lot of money and the government should now do some thing for our degrees,” he said.

ARMS SEIZED: Police claimed to have arrested six Afghan nationals from different parts of the city during an operation and recovered arms from their possession.

The arrested persons were identified as Qasim, Mohammad Yunas, Toor Jan, Sabz Ali, Sherin and Hayat, all Afghan nationals. Police said that they were arrested under Foreign Act as they had no valid documents with them. They said that four pistols, two Kalashnikovs, two rifles and two guns were also recovered from their possession.

PENSIONERS: The local chapter of All Pensioners Association on Wednesday demanded of the provincial government to approve 20 per cent medical allowance for all pensioners as announced by the federal government in its budget.

The district president of the association, Haji Abdul Rahman, said that federal government had announced 20 per cent medical allowance for pensioners. “The provincial government should also announce this allowance for the retired employees,” he said.Dawn