Author Topic: Secondary School Certificate Part-I exams: Girls do much better than boys  (Read 1676 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
Secondary School Certificate Part-I exams: Girls do much better than boys
ISLAMABAD, July 9: Less than 60 per cent of students who appeared in the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Part-I examination cleared all seven papers, with girls showing far better performance than the boys.

Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) announced the results here on Friday, and said altogether 66,138 candidates appeared in the examinations and 38,613 were declared successful. The pass percentage remained 58.38 per cent.

A total of 56,253 regular and 9,885 private candidates appeared in the examinations, and the pass percentage among them was recorded at 64.94 and 21.07 per cent, respectively.

In science group, 34,897 boys and 18,710 girls sat the examinations, with 19,126 boys and 14,214 girls passing them.

In humanities group, 12,531 candidates – 3,727 boys and 8,804 girls – appeared in the examinations and pass percentage among them remained 17.76 and 52.37 per cent, respectively.

Candidates failing in one or more papers may reappear in the same along with SSC Part-II examinations.

Result cards of regular candidates are being dispatched to their respective institutions, while those of private candidates at the addresses provided by them in the admission forms. Similarly, the result cards of candidates from Gilgit Baltistan are being sent to the FBISE sub-office in Gilgit.Dawn