Author Topic: Girls excel in Higher Secondary School Certificate part-I exams  (Read 1971 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
Girls excel in Higher Secondary School Certificate part-I exams
ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) announced results of Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) examinations (Part I) on Tuesday showing an overall pass percentage of 52.58.

In total, 47,495 candidates appeared in the examination held in April/May, 2010 of whom 24, 973 were declared passed in all papers.

Once again, girls outdid boys and secured top positions in science, humanities, engineering and commerce groups.

Sundus Maria of OPF College, Islamabad clinched first position in science group by securing 493 marks out of total 550. She was followed by IMCG, F-7/4’s Dania Zeb, who got 499, while Umme Laila Shigri of Bahria College, E-8 stood third by obtaining 484 marks.

In humanities group, Yusra, a student of Fazayya College, Kamra, bagged first position by obtaining 466 marks, Salma Faiz of Ghazali College, Bhara Kahu clinched the second position by securing 463 marks, while Farwa Batool of F G College, Kashmir Road, Rawalpindi got third position with 460 marks to her credit.

In the pre-engineering group, Fatima Khalid of Army Public School, Sargodha and Shaheer Khan of Army Public School, Peshawar shared the top position by securing 515 marks each.

Jahanzeb Noman of Punjab College, F-8/4 with 511 marks and Aamna Farrukh of Bahria College with 508 marks bagged second and third positions respectively.

Muhammad Abdullah Mehmood of Global College System, Rawalpindi topped pre-medical group by getting 518 marks, Aamna Riaz of Army Public School, Rawalpindi stood second by obtaining 510 marks, while Seema Batool of Hamza Army Public School, Rawalpindi secured 507 marks and clinched third position. Humma Khalid and Sundus topped in the commerce group.

All position holders were awarded cash prizes worth Rs10, 000, Rs7, 000 and Rs5, 000 respectively.

This year eight cases of the use of unfair means by students were reported from various centers. Results of the candidates to be announced later would be declared on completion of requirements on part of the candidates and the Board.Daily Times