Author Topic: LHC suspends expulsion of 15 QAMC students  (Read 4570 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
LHC suspends expulsion of 15 QAMC students
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:20:19 AM »
LHC suspends expulsion of 15 QAMC students
BAHAWALPUR, Sept 22: The Lahore High Court’s Bahawalpur Bench on Tuesday temporarily suspended the expulsion of 15 students of the Quaid-i-Azam Medical College and summoned the principal and members of the academic council along with relevant record tomorrow (Thursday).

The expulsion orders were suspended on a writ petition filed by the students. The petitioners contended that the expulsion orders were mala fide and the academic council had no powers to do so as only the college’s disciplinary committee could take action against them on the charges of violence.

They also submitted that they were not summoned for explanation by the academic council before the issuance of the expulsion orders.

MULTAN: The Nishtar Medical College’s Student Action Committee has demanded suspension of the Quaid-i-Azam Medical College principal and the Bahawalpur district police officer besides withdrawal of expulsion of 34 QAMC students.

Speaking at a press conference here on Tuesday, Mansoor Awan, Usman Gujjar, Adnan Mehboob and other members of the Student Action Committee deplored that the QAMC management had expelled 34 students despite the fact that none of them belonged to any specific group or political party.

They said the only fault of these students was that they were peacefully protesting for their rights. They alleged that at the behest of the principal the district police tortured the students (including girls).

The Punjab government had not taken action against the police and the college administration even a month after the issues developed, which showed political pressure on the government, they said.Dawn
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"