Author Topic: AKU-EB announces Result for Secondary and higher Secondary Exams  (Read 4828 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
AKU-EB announces Result for Secondary and higher Secondary Exams
Karachi:July 15:The Aga Khan University Examination Board (AKU-EB) on Tuesday announced the results for secondary and higher secondary school exams held in May 2015 in 24 cities across Pakistan.
This year, the board tested students in 94 subjects at 29 examination centres across the country.
Congratulations to all candidates who worked hard in preparing for the exams and the especially the candidates who successfully passed the AKU-EB examinations,” said AKU-EB director Dr Shehzad Jeeva.
The overall passing percentage for SSC part I was 88.4 percent with 45 percent of the candidates scoring
A-grade and above while for SSC part II it was 90.6 percent, with 54.5 percent students achieving A-grade and above.
With 94.9 percent marks, Mariam Sajjad of the PECHS Girls’ School, Karachi, bagged the first position in SSC examinations.
The AKU-EB encourages conceptual learning. Unlike the conventional boards we have to give short answers based on our concepts so there is no rote learning at all,” said Mariam, who also clinched the first position in elective subjects of science group.
The second SSC position holder is Asifa Maqbool from the same school with 93.18 percent marks. “Initially, I thought AKU-EB examinations will be difficult but actually they are not. We just have to follow the student learning outcomes which make the exam preparation much easier,” she said.
Uzma Dur-e-Sameen from Maryam Siddiqa Girls Higher Secondary School, Chenab Nagar, Punjab, scored the overall third position in SSC examination.

Anoosha Rahim from Habib Girls’ School, Karachi, secured the first position in elective subjects of Humanities Group.

Followed by the SSC results, both first and second positions in HSSC examination were secured by girls from Aga Khan Higher Secondary School Karimabad, Karachi.

Fatema Quaid Johar did not only clinch the overall first position in HSSC examination with 93.45 percent marks, but also topped in the elective subjects of the pre-engineering group.

“I am a student of AKU-EB since SSC examinations. When I compare myself with the students of other boards, I feel much more confident because I have experienced concept-based learning,” she said.

The second position holder for HSSC examination, Marium Zehra, scored 91.45 percent marks. “I always studied hard and hard work always pays off. At AKU-EB, you get what you deserve. The student learning outcomes provide us guidelines and a framework to study and research about topics that help us in developing and clearing our concepts,” she remarked.
Faiza Jamal from Habib Girls’ School, Karachi, secured the overall third position in HSSC examination and also stood first in pre-medical elective subjects.
The HSSC group-wise position holders for elective subjects in commerce, humanities, general science and pre-engineering include Muneeba Hamid and Ramsha Abdul Karim from Habib Girls’ School Karachi; Rajnesh Roop Chand from St Bonaventures High School, Hyderabad; and Hissam Karim from Aga Khan Higher Secondary School Karimabad, Karachi, respectively.
This year passing rate for HSSC part I examination was 88.3 percent with 35.2 percent of the candidates scoring A-grade and above. The passing rate for HSSC Part II examination was 92.2 percent with 46.2 percent candidates obtaining A-grade and above.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"