Author Topic: University of Peshawar Arranges Eid party  (Read 2925 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
University of Peshawar Arranges Eid party
« on: July 09, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
University of Peshawar  Arranges Eid party
PESHAWAR:July 09: Keeping the past tradition alive to observe Eid with the students hailing from remote areas and abroad, the University of Peshawar (UoP) arranged a special gathering at the guesthouse of the campus.

The party was attended by foreigner students hailing from Yemen, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, South Korea and Pakistani students belonging to Chitral, Gilgit-Baltistan and the restive Kurram and North Waziristan agencies studying at the campus.

Registrar Dr Syed Fazl-i-Hadi, Director Administration Ishtiaqullah Khan and former dean UoP and the sitting member Public Service Commission Dr Farooq Swati received the guest students.

“It gives me a lot of pleasure to share festive moments with you than my own family,” said Dr Farooq Swati while talking to the students.

He added that the foreign and hard area students were special because they left homes in the quest for education and were the true ambassadors of the University of Peshawar.

Dr Farooq Swati said that foreign students should help convey the soft image of our people and area to the whole world once they passed out.

“I am sure that after graduation from University of Peshawar, you would help in rectifying most of the misperceptions that prevail among the world nations about us,” he maintained.

Registrar Dr Syed Fazl-i-Hadi reiterated his institution’s resolve to make all possible facilitation arrangements to enhance the enrolment percentage of foreign students at the university.

“Special steps are also being taken to encourage more people from the underprivileged tribal areas to take admission in UoP,” he added.

“The quest for achieving academic excellence should be more in students of hard areas as compared to the rest of the country because they have to prove a point that people of their area are peace-loving, progressive and want a safer world,” he said.

The students in their comments said that they wait for this function on Eid day as it provides them an opportunity to meet friends and it saves them from getting home-sickness.

The University of Peshawar on every Eid day arranges gathering of Muslim foreign students and those hailing from hard areas to share happy moments of the day.  At the end, dua was offered for the unity, peace and prosperity of Muslim world.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"