Author Topic: G-B girls schools, colleges get buses  (Read 546 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
G-B girls schools, colleges get buses
« on: March 22, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »
G-B girls schools, colleges get buses
GILGIT:22 March:She is currently heading the Green Development and Welfare Organisation (GDWO), a non-governmental organisation based in Islamabad.
GDWO has set up a primary school for girls in Buner Das of Chilas where currently 80 girls are enrolled. The school is the only institute in the area.

Following the attack by a mob on passenger buses in Buner Das the school was reopened back in 2012. Ten people were killed in the attack as incidents of sectarian violence grew.

“The bloodshed in the area left deep imprints in my mind and I immediately decided to do something to educate the girls,” Jehangir told The Express Tribune.

The educational institute serves as a home-based school as well with two female teachers.

GDWO pays these teachers while students are provided books and uniforms free of cost.

With the support of the Diamer Poverty Alleviation Programme (DPAP) a library has also been established

Diamer District Inspector of Schools Rahimullah said that the school is doing a great job in the area.

He added that the total number of home schools in the Diamer has reached 75.

Faizullah Faraq, the official spokesperson of the G-B government, lauded the efforts aimed at educating women in the valley.

Faraq, who is also from Diamer valley, lauded the efforts aimed at educating women in the valley.

According to statistics, less than one per cent of girls go to schools in Diamer valley, says Jehangir.
“Similarly the school going boys make up hardly 17 per cent of the total population of boys of school going age,” she added.
However, according to director education Fareedullah 4% women in the valley are educated.Express Turbuni.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"