Author Topic: Mansehra district Nazim wants buildings of 600 schools reconstructed  (Read 409 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Mansehra district Nazim wants buildings of 600 schools reconstructed
MANSEHRA:April 22: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz district nazim Sardar Said Ghulam has appealed to the national and international non-governmental organisations to provide shelter to the students of over 600 schools, which are still functioning without buildings in the district.
Speaking at a news conference, he said over 600 schools were destroyed in the October 8, 2005 earthquake and these continued to function without buildings.
He said he had already taken up the issue with the federal and provincial governments but to no avail.
“I am also in contact with many national and international NGOs about reconstruction of schools, which are still without buildings. I am awaiting their response,” said the nazim.

Sardar Said Ghulam denounced the provincial government policy on the local governments.

“We have recently completed tendering and issued work orders for execution of over Rs 565 million projects in district but are still in need of our funds to widen scope of development here,” the nazim said.   He said provincial government was yet to release the previous amount of Rs 210 million for financial year 2015/16 and Rs 170 million for year 2016/17.

The nazim said the district government had already given share to all 59 union councils and funds would be distributed among these union councils once these were released to us.

He said the government should expedite reconstruction work of the King Abdullah Teaching Hospital to ensure better health care and treatment services to the people.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"