Author Topic: Woman writer’s services to Hindko language acknowledged  (Read 551 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Woman writer’s services to Hindko language acknowledged
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:44:19 AM »
Woman writer’s services to Hindko language acknowledged
PESHAWAR:September 19: A literary and cultural organisation, Gandhara Hindko Board, arranged a function to acknowledge the services of noted Canada-based woman writer, researcher and broadcaster from Peshawar, Aftab Iqbal Bano.

Hina Tahir, Research Officer at the academy, coordinated the programme, which was hosted at the Gandhara Hindko Academy. The speakers praised Aftab Iqbal Bano for her services to the Hindko language and culture.

A distinguished Hindko writer, poet and research scholar, Muhammad Ziauddin, said Hindko was an important language, which belonged to Indo-Aryan group.

Ziauddin, who is also Chief Executive Committee of the Gandhara Hindko Academy, said the Hindko language had produced several literati and there was a need to bring their work to the fore and acknowledge them properly to encourage the youth towards the literary and cultural pursuits.

He urged women to join the efforts to promote Hindko by encouraging children at homes to converse in it so that our young generation had awareness about mother language.

Responding to the sentiments expressed by other participants about her, Aftab Iqbal Bano said Hindko was a significant language and deserved due attention. “Everyone loves his mother language. That is why I like to express myself in this language along with Urdu. The Gandhara Hindko Board has always assisted me in bringing out my publications in the Hindko language,” she said with a sense of pride and gratitude.

The writer, who has won recognition for her works in the form of awards from Pakistan Academy of Letters, Islamabad, and Abasin Arts Council, Peshawar, talked about her literary journey. “I turned to writing when I was a student. My write-ups on sports and culture appeared in various newspapers and publications. This groomed and enabled me to pen books at a later stage,” said the writer whose books on broadcast journalism, “Radio Jehan Awaz”, “Pathar Da Jigar” and “Ashk” have been awarded.

Aftab Iqbal Bano said her forthcoming book “Mera Shehar Dilbar” was nearing completion which focused on the old culture and customs of her native city Peshawar. The literatus said she was also working on another publication about the 1930 Qissa Khwani firing tragedy.
The function was attended by women from various walks of life. Among them was Benazir Awan, a young woman who has paragliding skills.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"