Author Topic: I AM Karachi teaches girls how to defend themselves  (Read 597 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
I AM Karachi teaches girls how to defend themselves
« on: October 20, 2017, 01:00:40 PM »
I AM Karachi teaches girls how to defend themselves
KARACHI :October 20:n wake of the knife attacks on women in the city female students have begun to learn self defence.

I AM Karachi is training female students from various schools, colleges and universities on how to defend themselves.

Students are trained to defend themselves with a focus on being alert and aware of their surroundings and exercising caution. The participating students of private schools said that they did not know how to defend themselves from harassment before this. They learnt that they should target sensitive parts of the attacker, such as his eyes, ears and nose, and as soon as the attacker’s grip loosens, they should flee.

The students said that a single person cannot compel us to change our lives and if anyone did, they will get a befitting response.

Tae Kwan Do expert Anam Zulfiqar said that all the women, be they students or women working in offices, are victims of the ‘knifeman’. They should keep an eye on things around them while walking in streets and be generally aware, she cautioned.

Karachi’s serial ‘knife attacker’ arrested in Mandi Bahuddin: police
If anyone attacks, the girls should attack their eyes, nose or ears or use their legs to throw him on the ground and as soon as the attacker loses his grip, the girls should flee. If the attacker is in a vehicle or on a motorcycle, they should note down the licence plate number.

I AM Karachi organiser Wardah Kamal emphasised that girls should defend themselves in all circumstances. They should not think of themselves as inferior and should defend themselves in every difficult situation, she said. She said that I AM Karachi has started the training sessions in the wake of the recent events in the city and has provided training in various schools, colleges and universities in Karachi. Kamal said that the training not only restores confidence in the girls but also ensures that they are able to defend themselves.Express Turbune.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"