Author Topic: Children celebrate Quaid’s birthday with songs, tableaus and speeches  (Read 1013 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Children celebrate Quaid’s birthday with songs, tableaus and speeches
Islamabad:December 26: Hundreds of children in audience witness the birthday anniversary celebrations of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah at the Pakistan National Council of the Arts (PNCA) here on Monday as the selected ones participate in finals of the speech contest, tableaus and the national songs competition took place.

The PNCA Children’s Art Workshop organised preliminary competitions last week and the selected ones participated in the finals. Well-known puppeteer and humorous writer Farooq Qaiser, commonly known as uncle Sargam, was the chief guest on the occasion. He gave away the prizes to winners of different competitions and also spoke on the occasion in a lighter tone that was amusing for the children as well as the elders in the audience.

Farooq Qaiser said independence is a great blessing God that was bestowed by the day and night work of the father of the nation. While celebrating the birthday of the Quaid we need to pledge to work for the integrity and solidarity of the country. Hard work and honest approach in life bring the best not only to build the character of a person, it is also necessary for the nation-building too.

The winners in solo song competition included Sunbal Nazir of the Islamabad Model College for Girls, I-9, Muhammad Abdullah of Islamabad Model School for Boys, G-10/3, Bia Shahzadi of Development in Literacy School, and Aryan Zahid of Bahria Foundation School. They won first, second, third and fourth prize respectively.

The first four positions in the group songs competition were won by the Quality School, Islamabad Model School for Girls, F-6/1, Islamabad Model School for Girls, G-8/3, and Islamabad Model School for Girls G-8/2 respectively. The Divisional Public School Rawalpindi, Islamabad Model School for Girls, F-6/1, and Quality Public School Rawalpindi, were declared the winners of the top three positions respectively. Seep Mehdi of the Islamabad Model School for Girls, G-8/2 won the first prize in the speech contest while Hira Ali of the Quality School Rawalpindi, Muhammad Abdullah Abbasi of Bahria Foundation School Rawalpindi, and Nayab Ali won second, third and fourth position respectively.

Lok Virsa: The National Institute of Folk and Traditional Heritage, also known as Lok Virsa, in collaboration with the Federal Directorate of Education (FDE) celebrated the birth anniversary of the founder of Pakistan, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, here at Garden Avenue, Shakarparian, on Monday advocating ethnic harmony and integration.

Special features included ribbon cutting and cake cutting ceremony followed by a prestigious opening ceremony held at the beautiful surroundings of the Lok Virsa Heritage Museum. Federal Minister for Climate Change Mushahidullah Khan was the chief guest on the occasion.

A special exhibition of artisans-at-work with master artisans in the field of weaving, doll making, mirror work and wood work was also part of the Quaid-i-Azam day celebrations at Lok Virsa.

Fifty art students from different FDE schools and colleges also took part in a painting contest on the topic ‘Humare Quaid’ and expressed their love to the great leader through their paintings. Around 1,000 youth and children along with their families and teachers participated in the celebrations and enjoyed the fabulous programs presented by Lok Virsa marking the occasion.

The opening ceremony presented live ‘milli naghmas’ including ‘millat ka pasban hai Muhammad Ali Jinnah’, ‘Yun de humain azadi ke dunya hui hairan’, ‘Ah roohe Quaid’, ‘Shukria Pakistan’, ‘Ah watan ye aqidatain’ and ‘Kalam-e-Iqbal - Khudi ka sere nehan.’

In order to create harmony and integration among all federating units, special performances presenting popular Pashto, Balochi, Sindhi and Punjab folk songs were also arranged at the ceremony, which enjoyed the audience a lot.

The mystic songs projecting the message of peace, love and bortherhoold were also presented. Lok Virsa folk dance group presented popular Sindhi “jhoomar” dance. In his address, minister Mushahidullah Khan paid rich tribute to Quaid-i-Azam and other leaders of Pakistan movement for their untiring struggle and meritorious contribution in creation of Pakistan. He also shed light on the sacrifices made by the Muslims of the sub-continent before partition.

He also highly commended efforts of Lok Virsa in creating an environment of unity and integration among the entire nation through a cultural perspective and promoting the culture of Pakistan in such a beautiful and effective manner. Speaking on the occasion Executive Director Lok Virsa, Dr. Fouzia Saeed said that, it’s time we revert to the principles of our Quaid. She said we need to transform our country in the light of his vision to make it successful.

Action: Pakistan will be on the path to progress if the people act upon teachings of Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, said Federal Minister for Education and Professional Training Engineer Muhammad Balighur Rehman.

In the Quaid birth anniversary message, the minister said Muhammad Ali Jinnah was a great leader and it was under his dynamic leadership that Muslims of Sub-Continent achieved independence. He also said the Quaid-i-Azam was a man of principles and a true law-abiding citizen, who educated himself well.

The minister said Pakistan could progress only by acting upon the teachings of the Quaid-i-Azam. "Today, we will have to follow the principles and teachings of the Quaid-i-Azam for getting respectable place among comity of nations," he said.

The minister said Muhammad Ali Jinnah always gave great importance to education and declared it a matter of life and death for Pakistan. "Alhamdulillah as democracy is getting a chance to continue, we see that number of out-of-school children is phenomenally coming down; the maximum facilities in schools are being provided; quality of education is getting better, and improvements in overall education sector are visible," he said.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"