Author Topic: First group of students graduate from US-Pakistan centre at MUET  (Read 592 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
First group of students graduate from US-Pakistan centre at MUET
Karachi:January 9:US Consul General Grace Shelton participated in a convocation ceremony at Mehran University in Jamshoro on Monday, during which she joined MUET Vice Chancellor Dr Muhammad Aslam Uqaili in handing out diplomas and medals to the students graduating from the US-Pakistan Centre for Advanced Studies in Water at Mehran University.
These graduates are the first group of students who also participated in an exchange programme with students and professors from the University of Utah, a programme supported by the US government. The graduates also received scholarships from the United States government.

Mehran University of Engineering and Technology Vice Chancellor Uqaili expressed his appreciation for USAID support and thanked the people of the United States for supporting education and health projects in the province.

Consul General Shelton said, “Each one of you has the talent, motivation, and dedication to help solve many of the water-related problems facing Pakistan today. With your newly acquired skills and knowledge, you are ready to make important contributions to enhance access to clean water, sanitation, and proper hygiene; protect water-related ecosystems; and, help Pakistan adapt to the threats posed by climate change. So, I congratulate you, but I also challenge you — from this day forward: Make a difference and be the change that builds Pakistan’s tomorrow!”

The US-Pakistan Centre for Advanced Studies in Water at Mehran University is one of four new research centres the United States government has built and continues to support at Pakistani universities.

The four US-Pakistan centres for advanced studies are one component of the US government’s $127 million programme that supports applied research to find innovative solutions for Pakistan’s water, energy, agriculture, and food security challenges.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"