Author Topic: Teachers of girls school concerned over insecurity  (Read 597 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Teachers of girls school concerned over insecurity
« on: January 19, 2018, 01:38:04 PM »
Teachers of girls school concerned over insecurity
PESHAWAR:19 January: The parents and teachers of the Government Girls Primary School Wazirbagh-I have expressed concern over the lack of proper security arrangement at the school.

Talking to The News, Principal of the GGPS Wazirbagh-I, Zaibun Nisa, said that students’ strength at her school was 1936. She added that around 40 teachers were employed at the institution.

She said one of the two watchmen, Kamran Shahzad, had been transferred to the Government Girls Primary School Wazirbagh No-II. The strength of students at that school was far less than our school, she added.

The principal added that the other watchman, Muhammad Wali, had some health problem and was facing difficulties in performing his duties. The watchman Muhammad Wali told this scribe that the school was situated in a sensitive area where the police had conducted raids in the past to arrest militants. He said that he had not been provided gun.

The watchman said his job had become difficult after the transfer of his colleague from the school as he had to help the schoolchildren cross the road while at the same time perform watchman duty.

When contacted, the District Education Officer (Female), Ulfat Begum, said she had been transferred from her position. She said that every school was provided only one watchman and the same was the case with GGPS Wazirbagh-I.

However, the officer added that she would bring the issue into the notice of authorities with the request to provide an additional watchman to the school if possible.

When this scribe contacted the office of the DEO (Female), the assistant said the new officer Hafsa Gul had not assumed charge of her position.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"