Author Topic: Ziauddin University conferred degrees 504 graduating students in convocation  (Read 515 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Ziauddin University conferred degrees  504 graduating students in   convocation
Islamabad:26 April:Ziauddin University conferred degrees on 504 graduating students of different disciplines and 10 gold medals at its 15th convocation held at the Expo Centre on Wednesday.

The gold medal recipients were Sana Zainab, Seemen Nadir Shah, Talha Khan Tareen, Syed Faras Haroon Kirmani, Kiran Noor Uddin, Sumana Binte Shahid, Mohammad Hasnain Sheikh, Nisa Momin, Aena Saeed and Sidra Munawar.

Dr Mirza Tasawer Baig earned a PhD degree in pharmacy from the varsity. Sardar Muhammad Yasin Malik also received an honorary degree of doctorate for his services and contribution to the varsity.

Addressing the students, the chief guest of the event, Sindh Governor Mohammad Zubair, emphasised the importance of quality education and appreciated the efforts of the parents who ensured a safe and secure future for their children.

He said Dr Aim Hussain had made Ziauddin University one of the best institutions in the country. “I am always ready for whatever I can do for further strengthening the cause of education from my side.”

He said the late Dr Ziauddin Ahmed’s role and contribution to the field of education and societal development could never be neglected. He told the students that it was their first responsibility to make Pakistan a better place to live.

Ziauddin University Chancellor Dr Asim Hussain advised the graduating students not to forget the role of their teachers who enabled them to gain what they did from the varsity. “The students must be indebted to their parents not only for providing quality education but for their hard work and sacrifices.”

In his message to the graduating students, he asked them to work hard, rather work in the smartest way and constantly remain aware of all the changes taking place globally. Hussain said Pakistan at present was passing through an extremely critical period, both economically and politically.

He believed that it was the need of the hour to contribute to efforts to bring about drastic development by restructuring the entire social structure of the country with the weapons of education, collectivism and unity.

Earlier, Prof Dr Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui, vice chancellor of Ziauddin University, said the university provided an excellent learning environment and advanced resources via contemporary learning methodologies.

He said the varsity would set up two more campuses, one at Islamabad and the other at Sukkur. “The International Pharmaceutical Federation recognised and membership has been given to the ZU’s faculty of pharmacy, which is the only institute within Pakistan.” Later, Dr Qasim congratulated all the graduates and said the students should be enthusiastically ready to serve humanity in the best possible way.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"