Author Topic: Peshawar scientist participating in 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting  (Read 631 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Peshawar scientist participating in 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting
PESHAWAR:12 June: A scientist from Peshawar has been included amongst a select group of 600 scientists from around the world who will be participating in the 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Medicine.

The meeting is scheduled to take place from June 24 to 29 in Lindau, Germany.

Dr Salman Qureshi, who is amongst the youngest Pakistani scientists to attend the moot

Once every year, around 30 Nobel Laureates convene in Lindau to meet with the next generation of leading scientists: 500-600 post-graduates, PhD students, and post-doc researchers from all over the world. The Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings foster the exchange among scientists of different generations, cultures, and disciplines.

Dr Qureshi is an alumnus of Peshawar Medical College and is currently serving at World Health Organisation.

He hails from Peshawar and studied at Edwardes College. Dr Qureshi also served as the regional chairperson and president of the Asian Medical Students’ Association and has been known for securing “Best Chapter Award” for Pakistan in 2015.

He has also served as a clinical lecturer and research associate at the Rehman Medical College in Peshawar.

“It is a matter of great honour for me to represent my country in the moot,” he said while talking to The Express Tribune.

He said that a total of 600 outstanding students, doctoral candidates and post-docs under the age of 35 will participate and this year’s meeting is dedicated to physiology and medicine.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 12th, 2018.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"