Author Topic: University of Karachi Vice-Chancellor reacted Stern action against rowdiness vow  (Read 1019 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
University of Karachi Vice-Chancellor reacted Stern action against rowdiness vows

Karachi:University of Karachi (KU) Vice-Chancellor Pirzada Qasim has reacted strongly to ongoing lawlessness in the university, and has vowed to take stern action against students or anybody else resorting to rowdy behaviour.

The VC expressed his anger while chairing the meeting of faculty deans, advisors and representatives of the teachers society on Thursday. The Vice-Chancellor also constituted a high-powered committee of senior teachers to meet leaders of political parties, and convince them to ensure responsible behaviour of members of their student wings in the larger interest of peace and academic environment at the university. The meeting also decided to restructure the existing student advisory council to make it more effective, and improve the security system to stop any incidence of violence and lawlessness timely and professionally.

The News spoke to many students who are not affiliated with any students party to know their viewpoint.I do agree that boycotting of the classes is one of the worst options to seek your demand but I am also disturbed by the KU administrations surmise that students are always wrong. What will be done to the teacher who, instead of teaching his subjectBanking and Finance talked about irrelevant and irresponsible topic that was miles away form his subject, said Ammarah Ahmed, a student at Science Faculty.

Humayun Saeed, a student from the Department of Mathematics, was of the opinion that the administration should rein in such teachers who are spewing hatred against others.I think the teacher should also be taken to task for inciting the students. They should continue to teach their subjects and refrain from acting in such a nasty manner, he commented.

Karachi University Teachers Society (KUTS) has come out with its own version, criticising the administration, including the Vice Chancellor, for doing nothing to safeguard the honour of the teachers.We are being pushed against the wall, and encountering filthy language and abominable behaviour from some students. What are we supposed to do?

Some students have also criticised the administration for being soft on student activists while acting as hard task masters for students not affiliated with student parties.We are not allowed to bring our motorcycles inside the campus. We have to walk a long way from Silver Jubilee and Maskan gates. Others are roaming the campus in their cars and motorcycles. Is this justice? a student from the Department of Applied Chemistry asked.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"