Author Topic: RULES FOR THE INTERMEDIATE (PART-I & II) EXAMINATION  (Read 172017 times)

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
RULES FOR THE INTERMEDIATE (PART-I & II) EXAMINATION
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:34:45 PM »
http://fgstudy.com/educational-boards/rules-for-the-intermediate-examination/

Note: The words importing masculine gender shall be taken to include females and words in singular shall include the plural and vice-versa

1.   The Intermediate (Part System) Examination will be held 'Part-Wise' under the auspices of all the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education in the
http://fgstudy.com/educational-boards/rules-for-the-intermediate-examination/

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Re: RULES FOR THE INTERMEDIATE (PART-I & II) EXAMINATION
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »
 16.    The candidate who had passed/failed in the Part-I Examination can not be demoted or readmitted in the Class XI in any institution.

17.    The regular candidates failing in the Part-I examination will be allowed to take the Part-I Examination alongwith the Part-II Examination. However, the private candidate will be eligible to appear in the Part-I or Part-I & Part-II Examination simultaneously.

18.    The regular candidates of Part-I examination, who have been disqualified for one or two examinations, could appear in the ensuing annual examination in Part-I and Part-II simultaneously after the expiry of the period of disqualification in regular capacity. Similarly the private candidates of Part-I examination disqualified for one or two examinations could appear in the ensuing annual Intermediate Part-I and Part-II Examination after the expiry period of their disqualification. Furthermore the regular candidate of Part-I, who is disqualified for three or more examinations, would not be eligible to take the Part-II examination till the expiry of the period of disqualification. However such candidates would be eligible to take the Intermediate Part-I and Part-II (combined) examination after the expiry of the period of the disqualification. Similarly the private candidates of Part-I Examination, who are disqualified for three or more examinations would be eligible to appear in the ensuing annual Intermedi      ate Part-I & Part-II (combined) examination after the expiry of the period of their disqualification. Moreover the chance of supplementary examination of such candidates, who are disqualified for one or more examination, would be considered as 'Notional' alongwith the Intermediate (Annual) Examination. Besides the cases of unfair-means registered against the candidates of Part-II examination will be disposed of under the prevalent rules. The said rules will also be applicable to the candidates who appear in the failing subjects/papers of Part-I alongwith the Part-II Examination.

19.    It will be compulsory for a regular candidate that he/she would have attended at least 75% of lectures and obtained not less than E Grade in the house examination of an institution for a privilege of appearing in the Board's examination. Similarly in order to be eligible for the Part-II examination, it would be compulsory for a regular candidate that he/she would have attended at least 75% of the lectures and obtained at least E Grade in the house examination.

20.    No institution will send the admission form of a candidate for part-I Examination who fails to attend 75% lectures or in case of having secured less than E Grade, Such candidates would be readmitted to the 11th class and made up the deficiency of required number of lectures and his/her admission form would be sent next year. In case of such situation in the Part-II examination, the admission form could be sent for supplementary examination as a regular candidate.
    If a candidate fails to appear in the Part-I Examination after issuance of Roll No. for the said examination he/she will be allowed to take the Part-I examination alongwithPart-II examination of the next year.

21.    The registration made in the Intermediate Part-I Examination will be valid for Part-II Examination.

22.    In case a candidate appeared in the Intermediate (Part-I) Examination, but could not continue his study under inevitable circumstances and the subjects offered by him/her in the Part-I do not consist of practical examination, he/she would be eligible to appear in the Part-II examination as a private candidate.

23.    No fresh candidate will be eligible to appear in the supplementary examination except the candidates appearing in the additional subject/subjects or appearing for improvement of their marks or those candidates who appeared in Intermediate Annual Examination and failed & placed under compartment in Part-II or combined examination.

24.    If a candidate appears in combined examination of Part-I & Part-II, and in such case he/she will have to take the practical examination of Part-I & II separately.

25.    In order to pass the Intermediate Examination, a candidate would be considered to have passed or failed in a subject on the basis of aggregate of marks obtained by him/her in the relevant subjects of Part-I and Part-II. A candidate, who fails in maximum two subjects, will be placed under compartment. The candidates, who fail in more than two subjects will be considered to have failed 'as a whole' in the Part-I & II examination. The candidates placed under compartment will be provided with maximum next immediate two consecutive examination opportunities and they will have to appear simultaneously in Part-I & II examination.

26.    A candidate, who fails on the basis of marks obtained by him/her in Part-I and Part-II, will be allowed to reappear in the part in which he/she has failed. For example a candidate obtains 40 marks in the subject of Education Part-I and 24 marks in Part-II of said subject then the aggregate of marks obtained in Part-I & Part-II comes to 40+24=64. Since he/she has obtained less than 33% marks in Education Part-II, he/she will have to reappear in Education Part-II next time.

27.    In case a candidate qualifies the Part-I Examination, and does not appear in the Part-II examination, his/her result of Part-I Examination will remain preserved till his/her appearance in Intermediate (Part-II) Examination or for maximum two years whichever occurs earlier. Thereafter his/her result will be considered as 'CANCELED'.

28.    a) For purpose of improvement of division or grade or marks, a candidate will be provided with one examination opportunity within a period of two years after having passed the Part-II examination, in the same subjects/group in which he/she has previously passed the examination. However it will be discretion of a candidate whether he appears for improvement of marks previously obtained by him/her in Part-I or Part-II or combined (Part-I & Part-II) Examination In case a candidate fails to improve his/her division or grade or marks, his/her previous result will remain in tact. However, the candidate can exercise this option before the issuance of Roll No. Slip and thereafter he/she shall have to appear in the same Part/Parts filled in the admission form by him/her.
    b) However a candidate after passing his/her Part-I examination, can improve his/her marks of Part-I examination alongwith Part-II examination. In such a case no further examination opportunity will be given to him/her for improving his/her marks.
    c) A candidate, who intends to appear for improvement of marks or division or grade, will have to appear in the same subjects/group and in the current course, in the relevant subjects which he/she had already passed. However, such candidates will not be entitled for the grant of grace marks as mentioned in Rule 32 or for grant of any scholarship.

29.    In order to improve his/her division or grade or marks, a candidate will have to appear in the same Board, from where he/she has previously passed his/her Intermediate examination. Provided he/she will have do so before appearing in any higher examination conducted by any Board or University.

30.    When a candidate deposits his/her admission form for the purpose of improvement of marks or grade or division but can not appear in the examination due to unavoidable circumstances, he/she will not loose his/her chance provided it lies within the period of two years.

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Re: RULES FOR THE INTERMEDIATE (PART-I & II) EXAMINATION
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:36:48 PM »
 31.    Internal assessment of the regular students will be obtained from their heads of institution at the time of submission of their admission forms for the Part-II Examinations and its entry will be made in the certificate.

32.    Grace marks at the rate of 1% of the total marks (1100 marks) at the time of compilation of result of Part-I & Part-II Examination will be granted to a student as permissible under Rule.12 of the Board's Calendar, in the subject/paper in which he has failed so as to enable him/her just to qualify for the grant of certificate provided that these marks shall not be physically added to the marks obtained by the candidate in the said subject/paper, or the aggregate but the marks actually obtained by him/her in the subject/ paper will be included in the aggregate and a note to this effect will be given in the certificate. However, no grace marks will be awarded to a candidate at the time of compilation of result of Part-I Examination. If a candidate does not want to have the grace marks in a subject/paper he/she will apply for the withdrawal of grace marks, at least 30-days before the commencement of the next immediate examination. He/She will provide an affidavit on the stamp paper duly signed by the 1st Cl      ass Magistrate, with the request that the grace marks awarded to him/her be withdrawn and he/she may be declared as fail candidate in the subject/paper in which grace marks were awarded. Further he/she will also declare that he/she has neither got admission in any institution or got the employment on the basis of result card in which grace marks have been awarded nor he/she will claim his/her result in which grace marks were awarded to him/her previously. On receipt of this affidavit the candidate will be declared fail after withdrawal of grace marks provided he/she has the chance of reappearing in the next immediate examination.

33.    Any candidate, who has appeared in the Part-I Examination and either has passed or failed in one/more subjects/paper from one Board may appear in the failing subject/paper alongwith Part-II Examination in another Board under the rules prevalent in that Board. However, this facility will be available only once during the whole academic session.

34.    The private candidates appearing in the Part-I and Part-II examination are not allowed to opt a subject/paper, which consists of theory and practical component.

35.    It is compulsory for a private candidate that he/she must have passed the Secondary School Examination or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto, one year previously in case he/she intends to appear in the Part-I examination and two years previously if he/she appears in the Part-I and Part-II Examination (Combined).

36.    If a regular candidate of Part-II examination applies for appearing in the science subjects and is declared eligible for the purpose but cannot take the examination due to certain reasons he/she can appear in science subjects or subjects or Humanities Group having practical examination in private capacity. He/she shall be provided with the examination opportunities as permissible under the prevalent rules. A chance missed by such candidates shall be considered to have availed by him/her.

37.    The science subjects or subjects of Humanities and other group which comprise of theory and practical examination cannot be opted by the candidates appearing in private capacity. However, such candidates who have already appeared in these subjects and failed as a whole in regular capacity would be eligible to appear in these subjects in private capacity.

38.    In case a regular candidate has qualified the Part-I Examination in Science group or in the subjects of Humanities Group having theory and practical components but could not continue his/her studies in regular capacity, he/she will have the option to forego his previous result of Part-I examination, he/she will be eligible to appear as a private candidate in the Part-I and Part-II examination in such subjects, which do not comprise of theory and practical components.

39.    The candidates who remain absent in all papers/subjects after issuing the Roll No. slip of either Part-II or Intermediate composite examination will be allowed to appear in supplementary examination of the same year.

40.    A candidate, who has qualified for the grant of the Intermediate Certificate, shall be placed in one of the following Grades.
    Percentage of Marks Grade Remarks
    1. 80% and above A+ Exceptional
    2. 70% and above but below 80% A Excellent
    3. 60% and above but below 70% B Very Good
    4. 50% and above but below 60% C Good
    5. 40% and above but below 50% D Fair
    6. Less than 40% to minimum Pass Marks E Satisfactory
    Provided that a regular candidate who fails in an examination will have his internal assessment grade carried forward to the examination in which he may qualify within the permissible limit of three consecutive examination opportunities. In case he fails to qualify within the permissible limit of three examination opportunities, his internal grade will lapse.

41.    A candidate who has passed the Alim or Fazil Examination of the Board, or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto, may appear in:
    i) English, Isl. Education and Pakistan Studies of the Intermediate standard and on qualifying be granted a certificate to that effect that he had previously passed in English/Isl. Edu. & Pak. Studies of the Secondary School standard.
    ii) English, Isl. Education and Pakistan Studies and two other subjects from the Humanities Group not being languages, and on qualifying in these subjects be granted the Intermediate Certificate; provided he has passed the Secondary School Examination at least two years previously. The grade of such a candidate shall be determined on the basis of the aggregate of marks secured by him/her and the total number of marks allotted to the subjects referred to above according to the criteria given in Rule 40.

42.    A candidate failing in any of the following categories may be permitted to take subject of Pakistani Culture or Easy Course of Urdu and English Elective provided he passes Geography of Pakistan at the SSC level within two years from the date of admission to a college; he will also have to take English Elective in lieu of English Compulsory.
    i) A student of foreign origin or a student of Pakistani origin, who has acquired foreign Nationality and never had an opportunity to study Urdu upto the level of Intermediate Examination.
    ii) A Pakistani National who has remained abroad continuously for a period of three years preceding the examination and did not have an opportunity to study Urdu upto the Secondary School level in a foreign country.
    iii) A Pakistani National who has availed of the concession of appearing in Geography of Pakistan instead of Urdu Compulsory in Secondary School Examination and who subsequently studies in Pakistan for Intermediate Examination will be allowed to avail of the same concession as allowed in the Secondary School Examination; provided he takes Intermediate Examination after two academic years of passing the Secondary School Examination; and
    iv) Those students of foreign origin offering Pakistani Culture who have not studied under the British or American System of Education or have not appeared or passed such examination at GCE. Ordinary or Higher level will be granted concession of taking English (Compulsory) in lieu of Higher English.

43.    A candidate who has passed the Intermediate Examination or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto, may appear in any subsequent examination in a subject/subjects not offered by him previously, in the same Board from where he/she passed the Intermediate Examination previously. Such a candidate on passing in the subject or subjects (additional) be granted a certificate to that effect.

44.    A candidate after foregoing his result of Part-I Examination at his/her own option may appear in the Part-I & Part-II (combined) Examination. Such candidates will not be given the chance of improvement of marks or grade or division as mentioned in Rule 28, 29 and 30.

45.    Each and every candidate desirous to appear in the examination conducted by the Board in each of the capacity will be required to paste his/her photographs at places provided in the admission form.

46.    A candidate who is blind or is deaf and dumb may qualify the examination without any restriction to the number of examination opportunities/attempts referred to above.

47.    If the result of a candidate is declared late, except for reason of any default on his part, and the candidate has to reappear in a subsequent examination, the admission form and the prescribed fee of such a candidate for that examination may be accepted without the payment of late fee within 15-days from the date of declaration of his result or the date fixed for submission of forms and fees without late fee, whichever is later.

48.    To become eligible for the grant of a scholarship or any other academic distinction, a candidate must appear in the Intermediate (Annual) Examination and pass in one and the same sitting.