Author Topic: All Pakistan inter-university declamation contest  (Read 2381 times)

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
All Pakistan inter-university declamation contest
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »
All Pakistan inter-university declamation contest

Young speakers from Pakistan's leading institutions took part in the event and demonstrated remarkable skills in oratory both through serious and humorous topics

Recently, the Institute of Business Management (IoBM) organised an All-Pakistan Inter-university Declamation. Young speakers from Pakistan's leading institutions took part in the event and demonstrated remarkable skills in oratory both through serious and humorous topics.

The topics under discussion included, "Religion has taken a backseat in the modern world", "Where wealth accumulates, men decay", "Universities are places of learning, not politicking", "Censorship negates democracy" , "Scientists have made the world a better place", "Fair is foul, foul is fair", "South Asian countries are destined to be poor", "Give me one good reason to study", "Some men are wise, others are married", "Don't hate me because I am beautiful", "All men are human, all women despot", "Youth is the slave of fashion", "Films influence ordinary minds", and many other topics.

As many as 22 universities and institutions participated in the context which included Karachi University, Dow Medical University, NED University, Hamdard University, Bahria University, Tabani School of Accountancy, School of Business Studies, Dadabhoy University, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, NUST, FAST, KASBIT, CAMS, Sindh University, Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur, IBA Sukkar, Baluchistan University, Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Foundation University Islamabad, Gomal University, D.I. Khan.

The event proceeded smoothly and the audience thoroughly enjoyed the witty, humourous and serious presentations. At the end the prize distribution ceremony was held. The judges of the contest were Anwar Khan, Parvez Jamil and Naz Soomro of IoBM. The Institute of Management Sciences Lahore bagged the first prize the second and third prizes as well as the team trophy were taken by the Tabani School of Accountancy.
The news