Author Topic: Unanimous elimination of Self finance scheme demanded Hammad Yassar  (Read 1180 times)

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
Unanimous elimination of Self finance scheme demanded Hammad Yassar

LAHORE: The unheard voice of the medical students for the unanimous elimination of the self finance scheme has given birth to the unseen revolt in the students of the medical colleges. The elimination of the self finance scheme for the newly enrolled students has given birth to the generation of apprehensions in the minds of the old medical students' still paying heavy amount. The lava of their aggression might erupt as the students are observed to plan a strategy to insure that old students should also be accommodated whereas the management has threatened them of the severe consequences if they raise their voice. The old medical students of Services Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS) requested not to mention their name and said that Mian Shahbaz Sharif has done a good thing to eliminate the self finance scheme but the old students should also be accommodated to insure the equal provision of rights to the students. He added that we are also Pakistanis and the rights of every Pakistani are same as per the law which should be insured. He added that every government is observed to raise slogans of promoting education and ensuring the provision of job opportunities but these slogans always prove to be futile as after investing so much money, doctors are still under employed. He said that I got 936 marks and still I have to pay to prove that I am eligible to become a doctor. Another senior student talking to the Frontier Post said that education is very much expensive these days which is affecting middle class people the most as they only have to get education to earn their livelihood and survive. He said that most of the student enrolled on self finance had got more than 900 marks in intermediate but due to insufficient opportunities we had to pay heavy amounts almost about 3 lac Rs a year to become a doctor. He added that young doctors after graduating for medical colleges get jobs in government hospitals where they are salaries are meager. He said that we have demonstrated but now we receive threats of termination from the management to suppress the movement. He said that we had silently met CM Punjab, Mian Shahbaz Sharif for the resolution of the problem who had assured us of half exemption of fees but notification has not yet been issued. The father of a medical student of SIMS speaking on the issue said that it is very hard for the middle class people to afford such heavy amounts but we are forced to do so to secure the future of our children. He added that I have taken loan from the bank to support my child and only I know about the hardship I am going through. He said that CM Punjab has taken a very good step to eliminate self finance which would promote education in real sense but the laws should equally benefit every student. He said that SIMS students had met CM Punjab who had assured of fifty percent exemption in fees. Officials of SIMS when contacted denied of the threatening of the students, Dr. Murtaza Assistant Medical Superintendent (AMS) dealing with the self finance program talking about the exemption in fee he said that no notification has been issued. He further said that foreign as well as local educational institutions has self supporting program for the students and it is not exploitation. He added that self finance scheme has been eliminated as per the orders of CM through proper notification and now the students are enrolled on merit. He said that students who are already enrolled by bypassing the merit should have to pay. Naisr Khan Banu Sai, advocate High court talking to the Frontier Post said that there are almost 20,000 provisions of law which ensure the equal provision of rights to the people. He added that in this case students could apply for stay in the court of law. Zuhaib Butt, a lawyer cum student leader, Genral Secreatry of Peoples Students Federation (PSF) Punjab speaking on the issue said that in our society the education is for sale and people are forced to buy it to secure their future which is still not secured due to scarce job opportunities. He said that government has failed to insure provision of educational facilities to the masses and are generating huge amount money by offering the self supporting program for the available seats. He added that life is getting tougher and tougher for the students as they are further forced to suppress their voice, raised for insurance of their rights. Our society is producing mentally slaved people as the youth is trained to restrain their own voice. He added that we are ourselves tarnishing our future. He further said that increased unemployment and underemployment has resulted in the increased frustration in the society due to which youth seem to be more inclined to criminal activities. He added that law insures the rights of the students and only students unions can safe guard their rights. He further said that huge change is fore seen as the students are pushed to limits which will result in a change in the society as soon as the notification of lifting of the ban on students union is issued.