Author Topic: Bio Medical  (Read 2403 times)

Offline zahidlatif

• bis-group
  • Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Bio Medical
« on: April 30, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
i am applying the Bio medical depolma in bocitaional treaning insutatue plz accept my applyciation

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Re: Bio Medical
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »
Postgraduate Diploma Program in Biomedical Ethics (PGD)

The PGD in Biomedical Ethics is a year long, 23 credit hour program offered by CBRC to health care related professionals. The Diploma is awarded by Karachi University.  At present this is the only diploma/degree in this field offered by any university in Pakistan.

The primary objective of the PGD is to develop a core group of health care professional in Pakistan with the requisite knowledge and skills to initiate and sustain activities related to bioethics in education, clinical practice, and research.
    The year long PGD course is designed on a part time basis so that participation of busy health care professionals becomes possible. Students have to come to CBEC for four contact sessions (modules), each spread over a week, usually held in February, April, August and December. Adult learning methodologies are used during the modules with focus on small group discussions rather than lecturing. The course often employs the use of movies, works of art and literature to generate discussions on various ethical themes. Specially designed distance learning strategies are used to continue the education in the away periods.

This comprehensive program provides an overview of relevant aspects of bioethics. The curriculum aims to develop an understanding of Greek moral philosophy, Muslim tradition of ethics and morality, and contemporary ethical theories. An important objective is to allow insight into the role of culture and religious beliefs in shaping ethical and moral values in a society.

Students are guided on how to apply this knowledge in recognizing and managing biomedical ethical issues in contemporary clinical practice and research within the socio-cultural context and legal framework of Pakistan. They learn how to help develop infrastructures in their parent institutions to set up ethics review committees, hospital ethics consultation services, and educational programs for medical students and trainees.

Offline pakM

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Re: Bio Medical
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »
Postgraduate Diploma Program in Biomedical Ethics (PGD)
Students are guided on how to apply this knowledge in recognizing and managing biomedical ethical issues in contemporary clinical practice and research within the socio-cultural context and legal framework of Pakistan. They learn how to help develop infrastructures in their parent institutions to set up ethics review committees, hospital ethics consultation services, and educational programs for medical students and trainees.

It is good if there are people who will guided the student to be able to apply their knowledge regarding medical field. In the study, they will know their ethics in the field of medicine. In that situation, they could use and apply properly their knowledge.