Author Topic: The ones cheated BSEK  (Read 1624 times)

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
The ones cheated BSEK
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:06:50 PM »
The ones cheated  BSEK

Karachi: While the BSEK has turned a blind eye to the fraud operating outside their premises, less privileged students have suffered to the extent that some of them may not even be able to sit in the exams this year.

Muhammad Muzamil, son of Muhammad Saleem, is one of the victims of the fraud. Muzamil's father is an electrician and earns Rs7,000 a month. Saleem visited us with his complaint and asked if the lost amount could be recovered. When he was told that the biggest favour he could get from the board is the exemption of late fee he decided that his son would sit in the exam next year. When asked why, Saleem replied, "I already borrowed Rs4,000 this month from which I gave Rs1,000 to Muzamil for his fee but that could not be submitted to the board." He lamented that he could not afford more loans since he has to meet other expenses as well.

By the time Muzamil was sure he had been cheated it was too late for him since one of the due dates for his supplementary exam (Mathematics) had already passed. Suffering mental trauma, he could not prepare for his other exam (Physics).

Muzamil said that four of his class fellows were also cheated by the same mafia and there were hundreds of students who made the same mistake and would pay their fee again if the exam date had not already passed.

"I admit my child's mistake, but he was not the only one, hundreds of students did the same," said Saleem. "Why are the BSEK not taking any action against this particular mafia, despite being aware of them? And why don't they suspend the staff that is involved and collaborating with this fraud?" he questioned................