Author Topic: HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION  (Read 2106 times)

Offline گل

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-2
HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »
HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION

3.1    The Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination shall consist of two parts:
a.    Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination Part-I.
b.    Higher Secondary School Certificate annual examination Part-II followed by a supplementary examination in the same year;
c.    The Examination of Part-I shall be held at the end of Class-XI and that of    Part-II at the end of class XII.

3.2    Conditions of eligibility (Regular Candidates)
a.    The Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination HSSC Part-I shall be opened to a candidate who:

(1) is a bonafied candidate and is on the roll of an affiliated institution before    appearing in the examination:

(2) has passed not less than one year previously, the Secondary School Certificate Examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent to the aforesaid examination:   

(3) has been registered at HSSC-I level with the Board.

b.    The Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination HSSC Part-II shall be opened to a candidate who;

(1) is a bonafide candidate and is on the rolls of an affiliated institution before    appearing in the examination:

(2) has passed, at least one year before, the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination Part-I or any other Examination recognized as equivalent to the aforesaid examination;

(3) has passed at least two years before, the Secondary School Certificate    `Examination or any other equivalent to Secondary School Certificate Examination,    provided that he takes both parts of examination together.

(4) has passed his HSSC (Part-I) Examination from any other Board. He will    provide original result card alongwith verified photocopy of result card of the    concerned Board through the head of the institution concerned:

c.    A candidate for HSSC Part-I and HSCC-II Examination is also required to:

(1)   have registered himself with the Board at the Higher Secondary School Certificate stage either before or during the academic year prior to the commencement of the examination if migrated from other Board.

(2)   have certified by the head of the institution that the candidate:

(a)   possesses good character and conduct,
(b)   has satisfactorily performed the work of the class throughout the academic year proceeding the examination;

(3)   has attended not less then:

(a)   75% of the full course of studies in each of the subject in which he/she desires to be examined;
(b)   75% of the periods assigned to practical work in a subject having practical;
(c)   72 hours of manual work during the academic year preceding the examination;
(d)   30 periods of Physical Training;

3.3    Attendance

a.   The attendance of candidates shall be counted from the beginning of the academic session upto the 14th day preceding the commencement of the examination or the close of the session whichever is earlier.
b.   In case a candidate who rejoins the 11th class after having failed/passed/absent at the Higher Secondary School Certificate Part-I Examination, the attendance shall be counted from the 10th day following the announcement of the result of the Higher Secondary School Certificate Part-I Examination or from the beginning of the academic session, whichever, may be later, upto the 14th day before the commencement of the examination or the close of the session whichever is earlier.
c.   In case a candidate whose result is declared late, the attendance shall be counted from 10th day after the publication of his/her result or the date of his joining the institution, whichever is earlier, if, however, the result is declared during the summer vacation, the attendance shall be counted from the day of the re-opening of the institution after summer vacation.
d.   If a candidate’s attendance upto the date for submission of form falls short of the required percentage, but is likely to be made up till the date of counting (last working day), with or without the condonation permissible (10 days by the head of Institution and further shortage upto 10 days of the total working days by the Chairman in exceptional case) his/her application for admission to examination may be sent provisionally to the Board. If such candidate does not complete the required attendance even upto the date of counting, the Head of the Institution shall report the matter to the Controller of Examinations (Conduct) so as to reach him at least 10 days before the commencement of the examination for cancellation of his candidature, his Roll No. slip too, if issued, shall also be returned to the Board.
e.   If a candidate is not short of the required percentage of attendance at the time of submission of the admission form, but subsequently falls short of such percentage, the Head of the institution shall withdraw the name of the candidate by informing the Controller of Examinations (Conduct) at least 10 days before the commencement of the examination.
f.   In case a candidate who does not appear in annual examination being short of the required percentage of attendance, the attendance may be counted for the two years of his/her stay in the institution, whether these two years are in class XI and XII or in XII class only.
g.   Shortage in attendance exceeding the limits prescribed above shall not ordinarily be condoned. The Chairman however, shall have the powers to consider the cases of hardship and take decision as may deem fit.

3.4   Eligibility of Private Candidates

The Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination Part-I & II shall be open to a private candidate who:
a.      is a resident of an area within prescribed jurisdiction of Board, Federal Capital Territory, Northern Areas, Abroad and Cantt Areas.
b.   has passed at least one year before the Secondary School Certificate Examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent to the aforesaid examination in case of HSSC Part-I examination.
c.   has taken at least one year before the HSSC Part-I examination and in case of comprehensive examination, has passed not less than two years, previously the Secondary School Certificate Examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent to the examination in case of HSSC-II examination.
d.   has been registered by the Board either before or during the academic year prior to the commencement of the examination;
e.   is an ex-candidate and is allowed to complete his chances.
f.   certified by a head of the affiliated institution preferably located nearest to the residence of the candidate as:
(1)   bears good character and conduct;
(2)    has not been on the rolls of any recognized institution after 31st January during the academic year.
(3)    is not simultaneously being a candidate for any examination to be held by any other Board or University;
(4)    Two copies of recent photographs pasted in the space provided for the purpose in the admission form and attested by the person who signs the admission form. The attestation of admission form and photographs should be from the same person;
(5)    has not been disqualified by any examining body;
(6)    has not qualified the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination by any other Examining Body.
g.     private candidate shall not be allowed to appear in the examination in any group/subject(s), which is not offered to any candidate of an affiliated College/Higher Secondary School.
h.    A private candidate will not be allowed to appear in the science subjects, the subject involving practical(s) of Humanities Group, Commerce and Science General Groups. However, the candidate who has passed HSSC-I as a regular candidate in Humanities Group is eligible to appear in his HSSC-II examination in the same subjects of HSSC-I.
i.    He is also required to provide an attested copy of his SSC/HSSC-I result card along with Migration Certificate (in case of candidate(s) other than Federal Board). In case of a candidate who appeared as regular at HSSC-I, he shall provide his/her College Leaving Certificate (CLC).

3.5    Rejection of Admission Form.

The FBISE shall have the right to reject the admission form of a candidate if:
a.   the form is not correctly filled in and any required information is wanting;
b.   the form is not submitted to the Board within stipulated date(s).
c.   requisite fee has not been deposited according to Board’s schedule.
d.   the candidate does not settle objections, raised in accordance with the rules by the Controller of Examinations, within specified period.
e.   the candidate does not fulfill the conditions of eligibility to the examination;
f.         the same has not been submitted within due date even though the fee has been deposited in time.