Author Topic: KM University int’l medical education & research moot  (Read 420 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
KM University int’l medical education & research moot
« on: March 21, 2019, 11:50:41 AM »
KM University int’l medical education & research moot
PESHAWAR:21March: Vice-President of the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) Prof Jack Boulet of the United States on Wednesday felt the pride to be in Peshawar and appreciated the progress that Khyber Medical University (KMU) has made in the field of medical research and education.

“It inspires me when I look at the progress that the KMU has made, and the way it is moving ahead at such a fast pace in the areas of healthcare research and educational development,” Prof Jack Boulet remarked while speaking as chief guest at the inaugural ceremony of 7th annual international medical education and research conference 2019 organized by the KMU-IHPE&R.

The conference is being held on the KMU campus Peshawar.

Besides participants from across the country, vice-chancellors of different universities including KMU Prof Arshad Javaid, Agricultural University Prof Jehan Bakht, Bacha Khan University Prof S.M Saqlain Naqvi, Technical Officer WHO EMRO Egypt Prof Gohar Wajid, principals of public and private medical and dental colleges, faculty and students were present at the occasion.

Prof Jack Boulet said, “I am thankful to the KMU for providing a platform where all of us can learn, re-learn, reflect, and improve upon our practices. I am very hopeful that if we keep on questioning the value of past practices and embrace evidence-based educational reforms, the KMU will eventually be ranked among the leading universities of the world,” he explained. He said the innovations and excellence in the teaching, learning, curricular, and assessment strategies facilitated by KMU will be part of the change in health reforms not only in the province but the whole country. The academician opined that theme of the conference, ‘health professions education in changing times’, is certainly timely.

Prof Jack Boulet said that it is encouraging to know that the KMU has already started a faculty development programme, with excellent facilitators from different parts of the country and abroad.

These faculty members will be the change agents for curricular reforms in health sciences reforms that will lead to the development of highly qualified health professionals who can compete in the global market and be a resource for the economic development of the country.

Prof Jack Boulet added that the KMU has an immense task ahead. Promoting and inculcating the culture of research in medical education in the Province is not, and will not be, easy. However, these efforts will not only promote the culture of excellence in research but will also expand the collaboration between different sister institutes.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"