Author Topic: Quaid-i-Azam University to get chair on SDGs  (Read 822 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Quaid-i-Azam University to get chair on SDGs
« on: December 24, 2017, 12:20:54 PM »
Quaid-i-Azam University to get chair on SDGs
Islamabad :December 24: United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific(UNESCAP) and Commission on Science and Technology for Sustainable Development in the South (COMSATS) will establish a Chair on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at Quaid-i-Azam University.

This was announced during the reception hosted by Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) Alumni Association and Preston University in honour of Dr. Shamshad Akhtar, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Secretary of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific at Islamabad Club.

Dr. Shamshad Akhtar, while speaking on the occasion endorsed the proposal shared by visionary educationist Dr. Junaid Zaidi, executive director, COMSATS and agreed on working together with QAU on this important initiative. Being a prestigious alumnus of the University, Dr. Shamshad also shared her memories attached with QAU.

QAU Vice Chancellor Dr. Javed Asharaf, during his welcome remarks said that QAU has ranked as top University for the last several years of the country and has all the potential and capabilities to be at the top-ranked university at international and national levels. He said that Quaid-i-Azam University feels proud of their alumni who are contributing continuously to the development and welfare of enrolled students.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"