Author Topic: Admission Procedure Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Abdullah gul

• Teme-03
  • My Points +3/-0
Admission Procedure Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi

Since 1998 the procedure for admissions in medical colleges has been changed. For admissions now entry tests play a major role in the selection of students joining the college. Entry tests are held once a year.

After the declaration of the annual F.Sc. results, applications for admission to First year MBBS classes of the Medical Colleges in the Punjab are invited through an advertisement published in the prominent Dailies. The applicants are required to buy a prospectus/admission forms which is available in all the medical colleges in Punjab. The forms duly filled can be deposited in the offices of the Principal, King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi, Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad, Nishtar Medical College, Multan and Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur.

The merit of the candidates is worked out as under:-

F.Sc. adjusted marks) X 50
--------------------------------- = A

(entry test marks) X 50
--------------------------------- =B

Total Score = A + B

Eligibility:

a) Applicants having domicile of Punjab and Federal Capital Area shall be eligible to apply for admission in medical colleges in Punjab.

b) Applicants must have secured 60% unadjusted marks in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination (without including the marks of NCC-National Cadet Corps and Hafiz-e--Quran).

c) Applicants with any other Examination of foreign University/Examining Body, which in scope and standard is found equivalent to the Intermediate Sciences Examination (Pre-Medical Group of a Pakistani University/Board), may apply. An equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Islamabad will be provided by the applicant whose address is given below;

Secretary IBCC
(Inter Board Committee of Chairmen)
Office No.342, Street No.97, Sector G-9/4
Islamabad.
Phone No: +92-51-852041

d) The candidate should not be more than 25 years on the last date of submission of application.

e) The eligibility requirements for the overseas Pakistanis applying for admission on open merit are the same as those from within Pakistan. They should pass the Entry Test or SAT-I and SAT II or MCAT as mentioned below.

f) Students seeking admission to the Ist year MBBS/BDS who are residing abroad and are unable to take the Entry Test in Pakistan are required to take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I) and SAT II or the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) as applicable.

A minimum acceptable requirement for SAT I is a combined score of 1150 on the recentered scale and for SAT II a score of 700. The SAT II score will be accepted only if Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English have been the subjects of examination.

For the MCAT, a combined score of 24 will be acceptable.

g) The SAT I and SAT II are conducted by the Educational Testing Services of the College Board, SAT program, PO Box 6200. Princeton, NJ 085410 6200, USA. The MCAT is conducted by the American College Testing Services P.O.Box 451, lowa City, towa 52242. The SATs and the MCAT is administered in many countries. Information about the dates of the test may be obtained from the countries where it is conducted or directly from the address stated above.

h) The last date to receive the SAT I, SAT II and the MCAT in the Admission Office is October 31, 2000. These test scores must be received directly from the relevant testing services or from the applicant in person;. Applications without SAT I and SAT II or MCAT score will not be considered after the due dates.

i) The SAT I, SAT II and MCAT scores are valid for a period of two years from the date, the test is passed.