Author Topic: 12th Annual National Engineering Robotics Contest Held at NUST  (Read 1189 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
12th Annual National Engineering Robotics Contest Held at NUST
Rawalpindi:22 June:National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) and STEM Career Programme -HEC organized the 12th Annual National Engineering Robotics Contest at NUST, College of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering (E&ME) here, says a press release.
This is the pioneering and biggest robotics contest in the country which attracts participants from all over the country. The Chief of Logistics Staff Lieutenant General Syed Tariq Nadeem Gilani, was the chief guest of this year’s event.
In his address the chief guest, while complimenting the efforts taken up so vigorously by NUST College of E&ME called “National Engineering Robotics Contest” a platform providing the engineering students of Pakistan with an opportunity to get the complete engineering experience. He said that “Seeing such a huge turnout and the students working with such dedication on one of the most sophisticated field engineering has to offer, I can see the potential of our future engineers”.
Brigadier Jamil Sarwar Malik, commandant of College of EME in his address welcomed everyone to the National Engineering Robotics Contest 2014, he appreciated how the number of participants had grown over the years and the standard of the competition has risen. He said “Winning or losing is not the aim of this contest; the focus is to provide a platform to showcase the potential of mechatronics engineers of Pakistan, to encourage students to display their skills, innovative ideas and to enhance existing potential capabilities to the world of rapidly growing technology. Our industry should also aim towards promoting the latest technological trends and not only hire such students but also collaborate with the academia in development of in-house products”.

Dr. Younus Javed, the Dean of Academics in his address, stressed that co- and extra-curricular activities play a very important role in building a sound personality and a successful human being. He emphasized on the participants that all competitions of human activities are focused for improvements and winning/losing is a by-product. This is how we will grow as a nation.

Brigadier Dr. Javaid Iqbal, the Chief Organizer of the contest, informed that more than 100 teams from different Universities, Colleges and Institutes from all over the country participated. It is heart-warming to see that many other Universities have also started robotic competitions, such contests not only increase the awareness regarding robotics and Mechatronics but also show that we as a nation are progressing towards these technologically advanced fields.
At the end of the ceremony the chief guest gave away the prizes to the winning teams of “National Engineering Robotic Contest 2014” (NERC) in the following categories.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"