Author Topic: Badshah Sardar gets PhD degree  (Read 1688 times)

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
Badshah Sardar gets PhD degree
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »
Badshah Sardar gets PhD degree

Islamabad: Badshah Sardar, Asst Prof Department of Pakistan Studies, Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU), was awarded PhD degree from Quaid-i-Azam University in the subject of Asian Civilisations.

His research topic was 'Rock Art of Swat: A Study of Carvings, Inscription & Paintings'. This is a pioneer study, related to the Buddhist cultural heritage of northwestern Pakistan, said a news release issued here Sunday.

This research work is a valuable addition to the field of Asian civilisations, and the external evaluators of the thesis recommended that the dissertation would be published with the financial assistance of Taxila Institute of Asian Civilisations, Quaid-i-Azam University.

Dr Badshah Sardar has the honour of being a student of late Prof Emeritus Dr Ahmad Hassan Dani, who taught him Sanskrit and Hindi languages as well.

Dr Badshah has published dozens of research papers on the Gandhara civilisation. His valuable and unique research that appeared in the form of a book 'Buddhist Rock Carvings in the Swat Valley' also goes to his credit. The News