Author Topic: CCTV Installed Quaid-i-Azam University  (Read 1748 times)

Offline گل

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-2
CCTV Installed Quaid-i-Azam University
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »
CCTV Installed Quaid-i-Azam University

Islamabad, May 14: The Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) and Analytical Solutions (AS) (Pvt) Ltd on Thursday inked a contract regarding Campus Security Project here on QAU premises.

Cards: Under the contract, the company would provide Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) based security cards to students and staff for limited access to University premises, with the log of individual anywhere in the university.

A public-private partnership mainly based on Build Operate Transfer (PPP - BOT) for the period of five years, the project would facilitate the cross linking of student RFID cards with students' record and web-based reporting on all students logs.

CCTV: Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras would also be installed at various locations to monitor activities within the premises of the university.

SMS: The company will also provide SMS alert service on admissions, semester and examination results along with Interactive Voice Response (IVR).

QAU Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Masoom Yasinzai said keeping in view the current security situation it was an important step towards provision of safe and secure environment to students.

"As far as the security of students is concerned we are taking every possible step to ensure that students spend their time in safe and secure educational environment. We are now turning towards all possible options and introduction of RFID cards is a major part of our plan regarding credible security inside the university," he said.

AS CEO Malik Basharat Ahmad Awan said the project concept and technology had been introduced for the first time in Pakistan.

He said AS had already started this project in the schools operating in affected area of Bannu and Nowshera districts in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.