Author Topic: ELIGIBILITY FOR THE TEST Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Pakistan.  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Abdullah gul

• Teme-03
  • My Points +3/-0
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE TEST Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Pakistan.

a). Applicants having domicile of Punjab and Federal Capital Area shall be eligible to apply for admission in medical colleges of Punjab.

b). i) Applicants must have secured 60% unadjusted marks in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination (without including the marks of NCC- National Cadet Corps and Hafiz-e-Quran),
                                                                   OR
 a higher examination of University in Pakistan (B.Sc. Biological Sciences) provided he/she has passed the Intermediate Science Examination (Pre-Medical) securing at least 60% unadjusted marks.

ii)   The Priority to Medical/Dental colleges will be as under:-

First Priority:  F.Sc (Pre-Medical) marks 60% or more.
  Second Priority: B.Sc (Biological Science) marks 60% or more.

c). Applicants with any other Examination of foreign University/Examining Body, which in scope and standard is found equivalent to the Intermediate Sciences Examination  (Pre-Medical Group of a Pakistani University / Board), may apply. An equivalence certificate from Inter- Board Chairmen Committee (IBCC) Islamabad will be provided by the applicant.

d). The candidate should be between 17-25 years on the last date of submission of application.

e). The eligibility requirements for the overseas Pakistanis applying for admission on open merit are the same as those from within Pakistan. They should pass the Entry Test or SAT I and SAT II or MCAT as mentioned below.

f). Students seeking admission to the Ist year MBBS/ BDS who are resident abroad and are unable to take the Entry Test in Pakistan are required  to take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I) and SAT II or the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) as applicable.

A minimum acceptable requirement for SAT I is a combined score of 1150 on the recentered scale and for SAT II a score of 700. The SAT II score will be accepted only if Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English have been the subjects of examination.
 For the MCAT, a combined score of 24 will be acceptable.

g). The SAT I and SAT II are conducted by the Educational Testing Services of the College Board, SAT programme, PO Box 6200, Princeton, NJ 085410 6200, USA.  The MCAT is conducted by the American College Testing Services P.O. Box 451, Iowa City, Iowa 52242. The SATs and the MCAT is administered in many countries. Information about the dates of the test may be obtained from the centres where it is conducted or directly from the address stated above.

h). The last date to receive the SAT I and the MCAT in the Admission Office is November 06, 1998. The SAT II score must be received by November 28, 1998. These test scores must be received directly form the relevant testing services or from the applicant in person. Applications without Sat I and SAT II or MCAT score will not be considered after the due dates.

i). The SAT I, SAT II and MCAT scores are valid for a period of two years from the date the test is written