Author Topic: Showcasing theses: Hunerkada College Islamabad displays ethnography of people  (Read 1237 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Showcasing theses: Hunerkada College Islamabad displays ethnography of people

ISLAMABAD: Hunerkada College of Visual and Performing Arts (HCVPA) on Friday held its inaugural display show of thesis works done by up-and-coming promising students, artists and designers on its premises.

The theses by young graduates of the college showcased paintings, art and crafts, textiles and graphic design campaigns.

They highlighted different aspects of arts and culture in various disciplines through visual and performing arts.

Their thesis work is an ethnographic study on people, history, art, craft, folklore and social change.

Nadeem Sajjad, a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) student, while explaining his thesis work in photography told Daily Times that poverty, inequality and social disparity were the real cause of colossal impoverishment in Pakistan.

“In my thesis, I’ve used photography as a medium of communication mixing it up with both manual and experimental work to expose inequality in education, justice, social sector and similarly economic prosperity,” Sajjad said.

“All photographs put on display are part of my thesis work titled ‘Social Inequality’ that tells the whole story how a poor Pakistani meets his ends and how he is struggling in every field as gap between rich and poor is widening with each passing day,” he said.

The artist said unemployment, education, health, justice, law and order and gender discrimination were some of many issues, with whom the country had to cope sooner or later.

Aaquib Razzaq, another student, exhibited his work titled, ‘Motifs of Jehangir Tomb’. Explaining his thesis work, Aaquib said his work was based on experimental handmade work and digital paintings.

“I’ve made dresses like sari, dupatta and chiffon to convert emperor Jehangir’s Tomb motifs into fabrics,” he said.

Razzaq said he manually used salma, sitara, gotta and zarri in traditional colours of tomb.

“I’ve used panaflex instead of buckram for my digital printings,” he said, adding it’s a misconception to say that only women were expert in designing such dresses.

HCVPA Curator and Director Amna Jamal Shah said Hunerkada had been endeavoring to educate, inspire and train people in various disciplines for the last 17 years.

“The HCVPA has a qualified faculty comprising professionals and intellectuals from different walks of life to promote art and culture of Pakistan,” she said.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"