Author Topic: Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Abdullah gul

• Teme-03
  • My Points +3/-0
Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:29:48 PM »
Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad

Since Its opening In 1985, P.I.M.S. has been expanding Its services and equipment to meet the growing healthcare needs of the human community.

Objectives of P.I.M.S. are to provide a tertiary level patient care and serve as referral hospital also to conduct teaching/ training of doctors and other health workers at various level in the field of medicine and surgery.

The establishment of the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (P.I.M.S) in Islamabad heralds a bright new era for the citizens of Pakistan, especially the residents of the Federal Capital.

The plan, conceived in the sixties(1960s), has finally been implemented. Initially named as the Islamabad Hospital Complex (IHC), the original site was located within the premises of the National Institute of Health but was shifted in favour of the present site due to its central position.  In 1975, the Capital Development Authority (CDA), outlined a plan for the construction of an inpatients block.  Pakistani engineers prepared a master plan by 1978, envisaging ample room for future alteration and expansion.