Author Topic: HEC ranks University of Agriculture Faisalabad second best varsity of country  (Read 1713 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
HEC ranks University of Agriculture Faisalabad second best varsity of country
FAISALABAD: Higher Education Commission (HEC) has ranked University of Agriculture Faisalabad the second best university of the country for its research output, students’ facilities, financial management and faculty.

The latest ranking revealed that UAF has secured 66.44 marks after 69.91 of Agha Khan University, Karachi and NWFP University of Peshawar, Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Islamabad, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, LUMS-Lahore, NCA-Lahore, Textile Institute of Pakistan-Lahore, NUST-Islamabad, Liaqat University of Medical, Health Sciences, Jamshoro and University of the Punjab Lahore secured 64.1, 61.35, 58.16, 57.2, 52.55, 51,51, 49.07, 48.29, and 45.92 marks respectively.

The ranking shows that in agriculture and veterinary universities, UAF grabbed the winning crown by securing 66.44 marks followed by NWFP University of Agriculture-Peshawar, University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi and Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam.

University of Agriculture Faisalabad is proud of its unprecedented credentials as a centre of excellence in the region, said UAF spokesman Dr Muhammad Jalal Arif. He said the HEC has published its latest ranking entitled “Research Output by Universities of Pakistan” in which University of Agriculture Faisalabad after Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad (409, 544, and 545) secured second position with 252, 310 and 372 research papers published in peer-reviewed journals index by Thomson-Reuters, ISI web of Knowledge during 2007, 08 and 2009.

Referring towards HEC advertisement appeared in national dailies regarding the ranking of Pakistani universities, the spokesman said that by virtue of producing enormous number of trained human resource, research output, faculty, and facilities, UAF deserves such a huge position and always fuels the spirit of inquiry, enterprise and dynamism in all facets of research and professional education and thus the dividends of its focused and sustained efforts are distinctly visible in the vibrant involvement of students and faculty in wide-range research projects, publications, filing of patents and joint research ventures with national and international researchers. The latest ranking is available on www.docstoc.com.The news

Offline spoiledkid

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
    • how to list your business on google
bkwas hai sb !!!
one of my cousin after doing MBA from Agri applied for the visa of AUS and the qus in the interview ( due to which he was rejected ) was :
HOW COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT A UNIVERSITY REGISTERED IN THE NAME OF AGRICULTURE GIVE YOU THE DRGREE OF MASTERS IN BUSINESS . . . ?
and my cousin said i went on thinking and . . . BaAAm . . . REJECTED stamp on his papers :D

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3

آپ کی پاک اسٹڈی آمد کا بہت شکریہ
میں آپ کے کزن کے ساتھ پیش آنے والے واقعہ سے اتفاق نہیں کرتی ۔ میرے خیال میں اس کا ویزا کسی اور وجہ سے نہیں لگا ہوگا۔ اور اس سے یہ بات کہنی شروع کردی ہے ۔
پاکستان اور دنیا کی کئی  اورممالک کی  بہت سے یونیورسٹی  میڈیکل اور انجرنگ، زراعت کے ساتھ ایم بی اے کی ڈگری بھی جاری کررہی ہے ۔ خود کراچی اور پنجاب یونیورسٹی کئی سو مختلف طرز کی ڈگری جاری کرتی ہے ۔
میرے اپنے کزن نے زرعی یونیورسٹی سے ڈگری مکمل کی اور اب وہ کینڈا میں بہت خوشحال زندگی بسر کررہا ہے۔
اکثر لڑکے ویزا انٹرویو میں اپنے غیر سنجیدہ رویہ کی وجہ سے ناکام ہوتے ہیں۔ جن میں آپ کا کزن بھی شامل ہے ۔  ::) ::) ::)

Offline spoiledkid

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
    • how to list your business on google
do agree with you that other universities are also offering the same BUT the point is in PAKISTAN only .
let me know the name of one foreign agriculture related uni which gives the degree of BUSINESS .
GOOGLE is your friend you can have a thorough search and plz let me know if you found any . :D
thanks .