Author Topic: Housing for the elderly i n Denmark  (Read 925 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Housing for the elderly i n Denmark
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
Housing for the elderly i n Denmark

If you are a senior citizen with special needs or physical problems, you can apply to your municipal authority for senior housing. Senior housing is specially designed to meet the needs of the elderly and those with disabilities. A lot of senior housing is linked to healthcare centres so that it is easy for residents to call for help. There may be waiting lists for senior housing. So it is a good idea to put your name down early.
Sheltered housing or nursing home

Elderly who are in need of a great deal of care can either be housed in sheltered accommodation or live in a nursing home. Here, personnel take care of practical things like cooking, laundry and cleaning and help residents with personal hygiene. Nurses are also on hand to administer medicine where needed and supervise elderly healthcare treatment.

The elderly must pay for the help they receive. But prices are usually so low that the elderly can manage, even on a state pension.
Man at bowling alley
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"