Author Topic: NIHCR Asian History conference in Quaid-i-Azam University  (Read 730 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
NIHCR Asian History conference in Quaid-i-Azam University
« on: June 22, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »
NIHCR Asian History conference in  Quaid-i-Azam University
Islamabad:June 22:The National Institute of Historical and Cultural Research (NIHCR), Centre of Excellence, Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU), will hold an International Conference on Asian History, Culture and Environment: Vernacular and Oriental Paradigms from December 5 to 9, this year, says a press release.

A tri-partite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for jointly holding the conference was signed here on Tuesday between NIHCR, International Association of Historians of Asia (IAHA) and People Empowering Development Alternatives (PEDA) at a ceremony held at the NIHCR premises says a press release.

Speaking on the occasion, the chief guest Quaid-i-Azam University Vice Chancellor Professor Dr Javed Ashraf said that the QAU is known as a research institution. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has so far conducted five surveys of universities ranking and all the times the QAU remained top of the national universities owing to its research, he said.

He said holding of the conference will boost research activities. He was happy that the QAU was celebrating golden jubilee of its inception in 2016.

The QAU VC also launched the International Association of Historians of Asia (IAHA) website besides awarding three winners of story writing competition held by the People Empowering Development Alternatives (PEDA).

PEDA Executive Director Mujahid Hussain said that the PEDA was happy to collaborate with the holding of the conference which will present Pakistan’s soft image to the world. The conference would be attended by about 100 international and 200 national historians, he said.

Dr Sajid Mahmood Awan thanked all the stakeholders for arranging the conference. He pledged that since Pakistan is that part of the world which cradled five major civilizations of the world; hatched five major religions of the world; has established first university of the world i.e. Takshasila (now Taxila); produced first grammatical structure for the mankind so it will host multiple nations of the world with their divergent narratives of history in this conference. He further declared that the conference moves with the dictum of “History without boarders and historians trans-boarders”.

Dr Rahat Zubair, Research Fellow at NIHCR and Secretary General IAHA moderated the event and gave a thorough presentation on the history, rationale and theme of the conference.
The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"