Author Topic: Kinnaird College Bachelors of Fine Arts displayed their thesis work  (Read 3329 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Kinnaird College Bachelors of Fine Arts displayed their thesis work

LAHORE: The third batch of Kinnaird College’s (KC) Bachelors of Fine Arts (BFA) displayed their thesis work at the KC Fine Arts Department on Thursday.

Six students put up their work for display. Three have worked on miniatures, two made sculptures and another worked on paintings. The students’ work marks experimentation with modern and traditional techniques. They incorporated their own ideas into traditional concepts in a subtle but significant way.

Fantasy: Nimra Naveed’s work, entitled ‘Fantasy’, explores her childhood fascinations in an episodic form. The paintings reveals how a girl falls under a magic spell and then undergoes different phases. The series culminates with the last painting depicting a prince coming to her rescue, as his touch would transform her from an animal back to her original form. Naveed said her work was a collection of childhood memories and fascinations. In one of her paintings, a dragon is depicted breathing fire. The mythical creature is not something unheard of, but is a rarity when used in an immature painting. Naveed said, “I have used contemporary techniques in my work.”

Nimra Shoaib, another thesis student, has worked on the idea of how girls are enclosed in spaces. She has worked on a larger scale. Butterflies are used as a metaphor in her work. They symbolise freedom, as butterflies have the liberty to fly anywhere. Shoaib said her work was more of her expression than a message. Zainab Tariq has worked on sculptures. She has skillfully created her delicate sculptures. Other students have also put in commendable efforts in their thesis work.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"