Author Topic: Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro 11th convocation. 519  (Read 4731 times)

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro 11th convocation. 519 receive degrees

Jamshoro: As many as 519 students were awarded bachelors, masters, MPhil and PhD degrees on Saturday at the 11th convocation of the Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro.

Sindh Education Minister Pir Mazharul Haq who is also the pro-vice-chancellor of the university presided over the convocation.

Seven students including two girls received gold medals while 14 toppers were awarded silver medals. Three scholars who received their PhDs included, Javed Iqbal, Khalifa Qasim Laghari, and Mohammad Ishaque Abro.

Sidra Saleemi was awarded two gold medals and one silver medal, Shafique Ahmed Odhano was awarded gold and a silver medal, Sana Bhaimani received gold and a silver medal and Mohsin Hanif Khan and Muzammil Ahmed were awarded gold and silver medals.

In his presidential address, the education minister said that it should always be remembered that proper environment, conditions and surroundings of an educational institution had great impact on the students.

He said that the Jamshoro campus was the gateway to the Indus valley, which had a great civilization and cultural heritage. He said that the government and the Higher Education Commission (HEC) had worked a lot for the promotion of higher education but without spirit, commitment and resolution, all the support, funds and other assistance could not prove effective.

He said that the faculty and students of the university had already proved their abilities and that was why the university enjoyed an important position among professional institutions.

He hoped that the university's name would soon be included in the top 100 universities of the world.

He said he was not oblivious of the fact that the university, after successful completion of many a projects and infrastructure, would need enhanced recurring expenditure and added that the increase in enrolment, which had now almost doubled from 2,690 students to 5,200 over the years, would also require additional expenditure.

He, however, said that because of the financial constraints of the government of Pakistan and the Higher Education Commission, the recurring grant had not been increased.

Offline farooq soomro

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
ONE OF THE BEST UNIVERSITIES OF SOUTH ASIA....

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study

اچھا جی
آپ کہتے ہیں۔ تو ٹھیک ہی ہوگا۔

Offline fairy

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
pakistan study is to much help full
 :)

Offline iram