Author Topic: Quaid-i-Azam University students continue protest  (Read 744 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Quaid-i-Azam University students continue protest
« on: October 07, 2017, 12:11:44 PM »
Quaid-i-Azam University students continue protest
Islamabad:07 October : The academic activities at the Quaid-i-Azam University remained suspended for the third consecutive day on Friday due to the protest by the students against the expulsion of colleagues over recent violence, poor facilities, higher fee, and shortage of hostels.

The protesters blocked the main university road and didn't allow buses to ply on the campus. A number of students representing two ethnic councils had engaged in a fierce armed clash, causing injuries to several of them.

Some of the culpable students were expelled and others were rusticated, while a number of them were given penalties. QAU Vice Chancellor Dr Javed Ashraf said senior members of the administration met protesters, whose principal demand was to reverse penalties imposed on their colleagues over the recent violence.

He said he, three relevant deans, registrar and head of the University Discipline Committee, who were present in the meeting, informed the students that the administration did not have authority to reverse the punishments, but was willing to place their appeal in the next meeting of the Syndicate.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"