Author Topic: Admissions BA BSc Honours 4-Year Programme Kinnaird College  (Read 6791 times)

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Admissions BA BSc Honours 4-Year Programme Kinnaird College

BA BSc Honours 4-Year Programme

Kinnaird College is very proud and pleased to have successfully completed the first batch of the 4-year BA/BSc honors program started in August 2003. Our first batch, which will graduate in 2007, are pioneers in this new venture.

The new Programme has the following distinct features.

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
Flexibility

The present B.A/B.Sc degree has been steadily losing its credibility in the modern world. At present all B.A/B.Sc students have to repeat a 3 to 4 years B.A/B.SC abroad - which means they end up spending 5 - 6 years in order to graduate at par with the rest of the world. Kinnaird gives you a unique opportunity to graduate with a full 130 credit hours degree so that you can go on to an M.A. programme anywhere in the world. Keeping our cultural context in mind we are offering our students a flexible programme. If students wish to leave after 3 years they will get a transcript or student record of 90 credits from the Examination Cell.

Students who wish to go on leave for a year due to personal reasons, or simply to take a break, may do so after completing 2 or 3 years of their 4 years Honours Degree. Such students may be readmitted into Kinnaird after a year's break on the following conditions :

( i ) If they have maintained a good academic record with a Grade Point Average of over 2.5 in each semester.

( ii ) If there is no disciplinary case against them. However, we would urge all serious students, who want to study further, or continue their studies abroad in the US or UK, to complete the full 4 year, 130 credit hours B.A/B.Sc Honours programme without a break.

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Academic Excellence

To ensure that we maintain the very high standard Kinnaird is already committed to, we have invited professors, who are long time practitioners in their field, Heads of Departments of other colleges and academics with a solid reputation to come onto our Board of Studies. They will examine the syllabi. Teaching will start only after they have approved each part of the new syllabi. Most of the staff members have already been trained to become computer literate so that they can download new material and keep in touch with new trends in the 21st century. They will also be able to use Multimedia for lectures and quality teaching. We have added multimedia facilities for several departments e.g. Fine Arts, Mass Communication, ELT, Applied Linguistics, German, English Literature, Sciences etc.

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
Re: Admissions BA BSc Honours 4-Year Programme Kinnaird College
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
Innovation

Every single syllabus has been upgraded and redone. Besides the traditional majors in subjects such as Math or English Literature, Kinnaird will continue to give more options to students every year. We were the first college in the Punjab to introduce a 4-year Environmental Sciences programme at the Bachelors level. In addition to International Relations, Biochemistry has also been added as a new major. Last year Spanish and Human Rights were introduced as new general subjects. This year a number of general courses are being introduced: Women Studies, Comparative Religions and Theater & Drama. We will continue to add new books, faculty and equipment as the need arises.

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Admissions BA BSc Division of credits Kinnaird College
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:28:07 PM »
Division of credits

Each student will declare a major on her admission form. Each major is worth 79-81 credit hours. From the first day each student will have some classes in her major, which will increase in time and intensity as she moves into her third and final year.

Besides the major, every student has to study 15 credit hours of the following core subjects:

a. Compulsory English

b. Pakistan Studies

c. Islamiyat or Ethics for minorities

Finally, to broaden their vision and enrich their view of the world, Kinnaird offers each student 34-36 credit hours of her choice among general subjects. If your timetable allows it, you may study any general subject you want to.