Author Topic: Quaid-i-Azam University Conference  (Read 1447 times)

Offline فائزہ

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Quaid-i-Azam University Conference
« on: March 26, 2010, 09:30:51 AM »
Quaid-i-Azam University Conference

Islamabad:The speakers at a human resource conference here on Thursday underlined the need for practical and rational approach to find a dream job in the face of high level of competition in every sphere of life.

The conference was organised by the Department of Administrative Sciences of the Quaid-i-Azam University *QAU) with an aim to provide students with guidelines to find out their dream jobs after completion of their studies.

“The first step in deciding on a degree is to choose the jobs you think you might want. Make a list of the jobs that sound interesting to you, but stay open to the possibilities you didn’t even know existed,” they said.

Mudassar from Nescom while giving a presentation said that career planning consists of activities and actions that any one takes to achieve individual career goals in the professional life. He said the road to success is always ‘under construction’ but one has to focus on various factors to excel in the professional career including personal dreams, self-assessment, beliefs, attitude and actions.

“Job fairs are incredibly convenient. Dozens of companies gather in one place so you can walk from one table to the next to learn in a few hours what could otherwise take months. Don’t be shy. The companies that organise job fairs need good employees as much as you want a new career,” he said.

Emphasizing the need for developing emotional intelligence he said wishes of a person involve around his emotions and if any one lacks emotions his or her wishes cannot be translated into reality. “Find a job you enjoy, and you’ll never work a day in your life. Listen carefully to that little voice inside you, and follow your heart. Call it intuition or whatever you want. It’s always right,” he said.

Mazhar Irfan from Army Welfare Trust in his presentation said networking in its truest form is not just for finding a job or a short-term fix to an employment challenge. He said networking helps create a pool of qualified candidates, explore a hidden job market, lowers recruitment costs and reduces the time needed to find capable replacements. Networking mainly focuses on building relationships, establishing trust, gathering information and learned behaviour, he said.The news