Author Topic: Symposium on advanced materials at Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad  (Read 1511 times)

Offline معلم

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Symposium on advanced materials at Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad

Islamabad: The 11th International Symposium on 'Advanced Materials' will begin at the National Centre for Physics, Quaid-i-Azam University today (Saturday). It will continue till August 12.

The biennial event has become one of the prime international forums in which engineers and scientists can keep themselves up-to-date with recent technologies and new developments in advanced structural and functional materials.

Federal Minister for Investment Waqar Ahmad Khan will be the chief guest at the opening ceremony. Minister for Science and Technology Azam Swati will chair the concluding ceremony of the symposium.

Scientists and engineers from all over the world, including China, Canada, Egypt, France, Germany, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkey, South Korea, Singapore, UK, Ukraine and USA in addition to 250 delegates from various educational and R&D institutes from all across Pakistan, will participate in the symposium.

This year, papers and discussions will be focused on development in materials processing, surface engineering, phase transformation and characterisation, advances in magnetic materials, nano-technology and reliability and long assessment.