Author Topic: Employees of Quaid-i-Azam University protest before VC office  (Read 1439 times)

Offline فائزہ

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Employees of Quaid-i-Azam University protest before VC office
« on: September 16, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »
Employees of Quaid-i-Azam University protest before VC office

ISLAMABAD - The employees of Quaid-i-Azam University held a protest demonstration in front of office of the vice-chancellor against the non-acceptance of their demands and alleged nepotism in the recruitment.
Nearly 700 employees gathered in front of VC office and raised slogans against him. Earlier, the meeting of Employees Welfare Association (EWA) was also held wherein the employees registered their resentment against the non-provision of leave encashment.
They said in all the universities employees go on leave and if they prefer to work they are paid for the service but in QAU employees are allowed neither their due leave nor they are paid for the this. The issue has been going on since 1999 despite that delay it is yet to be resolved.
The employees in the meeting demanded constitution of an inquiry committee to probe the appointments made during the four-year tenure of the vice-chancellor. They alleged that most of the appointments of his tenure were based on ethnicity and favoritism.
The employees urged the government to implement the new education policy, which advocates separate academic and educational management cadres with specified training and qualification requirements in the educational institutions.
“In the university all the administration work is controlled by the teaching faculty due to which research work of the professors has also been affected and the employees also have their reservations over this issue” they added.
On the issue of shifting of administration into newly constructed Joint Academic Block, they have demanded of the chancellor to form a committee having representation from Higher Education Commission and Ministry of Education to decide the fate of the new block. Nation