Author Topic: Liaquat University of Medical Sciences admit 13 Kyrgyzstan returnees  (Read 3532 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Liaquat University of Medical Sciences admit 13 Kyrgyzstan returnees
KARACHI: The authorities of the Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (LUMHS) Jamshoro have decided to give admission to 13 students from Sindh, who returned from different universities in Kyrgyzstan’s southern city of Osh after the recent wave of ethnic riots, sources disclosed on Thursday.

The massive riots in southern Kyrgyzstan resulted in the death of more than 130 people while around 269 Pakistani students were stranded out of which 13 belonged to Sindh, including three female students.

These 13 students belonged to Karachi, Mirpurkhas, Dadu, Benazirabad (formerly Nawabshah), Satharja, Kunri, Nausheroferoze, Jacobabad and Shikarpur.

Most of these students were not willing to go back, and therefore appealed to the government to provide them admissions in local universities, following which the LUMHS agreed to admit them.

However, Sumayya Solangi, a first-year medical student, was also one of the three female students of Sindh, who had returned from Osh with her cousins Lubna and Amina Ghaffar, has said she has not been not contacted by the university administration for the admission process.

After knowing about the other students’ admissions, she contacted the LUMHS Vice Chancellor Dr Naushad Shaikh, who asked her to send him her documents.

“Nobody contacted me to visit the LUMHS. I called the VC and he asked me to fax my documents for consideration,” said Solangi.

She said that her father Habibur Rehman, a retired primary school teacher had spent a huge amount of money on her studies, adding, “I am really confused and I really don’t want to go back to Kyrgyzstan.”Daily times
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"