Library Sindh Study FG Study quiz Punjab Study
PakStudy :Yours Study Matters

University or college in Sweden

Offline عادل

  • ****
  • 444
  • +0/-0
  • Gender: Male
University or college in Sweden
« on: August 19, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
University or college in Sweden

    Main article: Education in Sweden#University

The Swedish higher education system differentiates universities (Swedish: universitet) and colleges (Swedish: högskola).

Universities have the right to award Bachelor's and Master's degrees as well as the academic title of doctor. They usually carry out extensive research and provide undergraduate and graduate teaching in a wide variety of academic disciplines.

The colleges (högskolor) usually do not have the right to award doctoral degrees, but they can award bachelor, master, and professional degrees. Their main focus is on teaching, although some colleges also conduct their own research. Some colleges only offer courses in certain academic disciplines such as business, music or technology, and therewith do not cover the whole spectrum of a full university. Some former colleges have been granted university status in recent decades by the Swedish government with the consequence of increased in funding and repute.
Pak Study