........................About Peshawar Board Introduction
1. A commission on National Education consisting of experts from different fields of education was appointed in December 1958. Keeping in view the dire need for reorganization and reorientation of the then existing educational system, the commission pointed out that the Secondary Education, as an independent stage of education, with its own specific aims and objectives recommending the transference of Secondary Education from the control of University to the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education shall be responsible for the Academic programs and conducting examinations at the Secondary and Intermediate level. Perhaps the idea was that the Secondary Education, which was the most formative stage, may receive special attention freeing the University from the tremendous responsibilities of the Secondary Education, thus creating favorable atmosphere and conditions for the University to look after Higher learning and Research work which shall guarantee capable and inspired leadership for the country. With this in view like other Boards in the country, the examining bodies, BISE, Peshawar was established in 1961. At that time, the area of Peshawar Board comprised the whole NWFP and its tribal areas.
2. The number of Educational institutions as well as the students was increasing day by day. The Peshawar Board arranged sub-offices at Divisional level at Mardan, Swat , Kohat, Bannu and DI Khan.
3. Later on, the number of educational institutions as well as the students increased so much that the public demanded the creation of more Boards. Taking into consideration the public demand, the Government decided to establish three more Boards at Abbottabad, Bannu and Swat. The bifurcation was therefore made and the other three Boards have been functioning since 1990 according to the Act promulgate for the purpose.
Now keeping in view the public demand and strength, the BISE Peshawar has been split again into Three Boards which are
a. BISE Peshawar
- Districts Peshawar, Charsadda & Chitral
- Agencies Khyber & Mohmand
b. BISE Kohat
- Districts Kohat, Karak & Hangu
- Agencies Kurram & Aurakzai
c. BISE Mardan
- Districts Mardan, Nowshera & Swabi